• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

God Help us...USAir discrimination lawsuit at it's best

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I would hate to be the employee that gave them a buddy pass. That employee can probably lose all their pass privileges.

Oops. Someone forgot to brief up their "buddies." I always point out the pass travel attire, baggage, and check in policies when I share buddy passes. I'll even send them the email copy of their PNR, which has all that information listed at the bottom. You may not agree with the policies, but if you want to fly you sure better play by the rules.

Wait, they got first class?!? I can't remember the last time I got first class in the CAL/UAL system on a pass.

Love how the lliberal media spins this one! No talk whatsoever about the fact that the other two caucasian males in first class were not on a pass, and only a quick blurb about the mandatory dress code for first class pass riders. Maybe the said passengers should sue the person who gave them the buddy pass for not informing them of the rules. If I was riding for basically free in first class and they told me that I had to wear a Gumby suit so I could sit there, hell I'd put it on. Your on a P A S S you idiots....

If you pay for first class then you can wear what you like as long as it is within reason, no tasteless tee shirts or other tardy dress.
When you on a buddy pass then you dress to the requirements - no complaints

Mother of god. How is this even news? One fax from PR of the Nonrev policy would clear this up in 2 seconds. Fire the employee that is allowing these idiot relatives sue...

I bet that employee won't forget to brief the "Buddy Pass" procedures next time. ;)

I bet that employee won't forget to brief the "Buddy Pass" procedures next time. ;)

There won't BE a next time. At least for that employee and rightly so.

Problem is, will airline managements start to SEVERELY restrict buddy pass usage in order to avoid this kind of REALLY negative press? The single WORST thing you can call anyone these days is RACIST. This is a PR person's worst nightmare.

It's also a classic example of why I left the TV news business 27 years ago and have grown to truly LOATHE it.

Latest resources

Back