Goat Rope

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

TexaSWA

Any Northwest guys know Dan Blore that wrote the book "Goat Rope"? Good book, Im wondering if he wrote anything else.

Flew with Dan as a 727so in the mid 90s. Absolute piece of work, probably more like a swa capt vs nw as he was/is a duck. Great stick but way laid back. Went out on long ord layover and killed so many brain cells I am surprised I can still type. This industry needs more Dan Blores and less bible thumping home schoolers.

Sounds like I need to pick that one up! Thanks

Whats the book about. I was jumpseating riding upfront and I heard the cpt use this term to describe the mess on the ground.

Whats the book about. I was jumpseating riding upfront and I heard the cpt use this term to describe the mess on the ground.

:eek: Does your mom know you're using her computer? ;) TC

Not sure what you mean by that??? Maybe I'm naive. I assume it means something that is messed up by the way he used the term.

I was jumpseating riding upfront and I heard the cpt use this term to describe the mess on the ground.

>>
This is US military slang meaning a chaotic or out-of-control situation ... similar to "cluster f*ck" or "dog f*ck"/"pooch screw" or "SNAFU". The basic form is "goat f*ck" in the sense of "a goat-f*cking event", thence "goat rape" and the euphemistic "goat rope". The participants in a "goat f*ck" are pictured as engaged in useless pointless activities (such as copulation with animals) rather than in purposeful activity, I suppose.
<<

BBB <------ Ever the helpful! :D

I read "Goat Rope" a couple of years ago. It's a good book. I believe he has done other writing, but as far as I know, this is his only novel. If there is another please let me know.

>>
This is US military slang meaning a chaotic or out-of-control situation ... similar to "cluster f*ck" or "dog f*ck"/"pooch screw" or "SNAFU". The basic form is "goat f*ck" in the sense of "a goat-f*cking event", thence "goat rape" and the euphemistic "goat rope". The participants in a "goat f*ck" are pictured as engaged in useless pointless activities (such as copulation with animals) rather than in purposeful activity, I suppose.
<<

BBB <------ Ever the helpful! :D

.....and to think there are naysayers who think flightinfo doesn't provide any nutritional value!

Latest resources

Back