• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

go! seats at $9 in Hawaii

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
How much longer before Mesa is actually paying people to fly on their Go operation?

If this sale doesn't help our sagging load factors, our next plan is to start kidnapping people and take them with us to different islands. Whenever the seats arent full, we throw a few abductees in the back, just like ballast.

Does Hawaii go senior or junior for mesa pilots? I'm guessing junior, as it would be tough to live there as an FO salary wise. From the times I've gone back and forth it doesn't appear to be an easy commute from the mainland.

Maybee if they'd charge a respectable fare, mesa guys wouldn't be getting paid peanuts to live in the most expensive state in the country......

Does Hawaii go senior or junior for mesa pilots? I'm guessing junior, as it would be tough to live there as an FO salary wise. From the times I've gone back and forth it doesn't appear to be an easy commute from the mainland.

Both and it's not commutable. The junior ones come and go so do the senior ones. Of the initial cadre that started last year, less than half are still here.

Commuting is not practical because the block per duty is low, line values are high and thus days off are low. The reserve lines are 8 days off and loads to the mainland are high.

Not sure if this is the case anymore but they were able to make their own schedules. Reserve in HNL would be like 6 on 1 off and then somewhere during the month they would have 6 days off in a row to go back to the mainland. The guys holding lines would either work mornings or evenings. So work all morning and lounge at the beach the rest of the day. The single crew members would all just get a crashpad together. I heard it's one big party over there. Guys that I've talked to seemed to like over there but that was awhile ago.

Latest resources

Back