Go missed Giggy!!!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Vandal

hehe, from American Fighter Pilot. Anyone who saw the show know what he should/did do there? My un-educated ass would say go missed, but I'm sure you eagle-drivers might have a better idea.

Glad you guys are watching.....

What does everyone think so far? Stupid? Cool? Where on the scale is the show.....

Ref: no brakes.....if 2000 feet remain select full AB and go around. Problem in this case is IP is unaware of problem until late, and Giggy is mesmerized. Transfer of aircraft control at 150 knots on runway can be dicey.

FYI.....Mar 92 I had similar situation, but on TR-3 (ride pre-solo) vice TR-1. Selected back up brakes, blew both tires, dropped hook and skidded into cable. My RTU (now FTU) callsign after that was "Skids..." Sh!t can happen quick...especially when you've got less than 5 hours in the jet.

Hope everyone is enjoying the show....let me know what you think.

Albie

I think it's the coolest show ever...but I think that about any show with fast-movers in it :)

You mean there were at least 3 people watching?? Amazing. Then again, I guess there were at least 3 people watching Sabrina, the Teenage Witch.

I think the show is great......makes me want to join the service and take a shot at the fighters. However, I'm 26 and probably to old........so I guess I will just take the civilian route. The show really gets my blood pumping..........I can only imagine what poor old "giggy" is feeling:eek:)

Darn! you didn't tell me Sabrina the Teenage Wwitch was on! Oh well, I watched the fighter show instead. Thought it was a bit corny the way they packaged the story but very interesting.

Hey, young fella, 26 years old is not too late!

AlbieF15 said:
Glad you guys are watching.....

Hope everyone is enjoying the show....let me know what you think.

While I think that the show is entertaining, I continue to be irritated by the fact that it dumbs down some things (why can't you just call it an "EP Sim" or an "EPE" instead of a "Simulator Test") and neglects to explain the importance of others (why is TR-1 a big deal...and why they need to have their sh-t in one sock by the time TR-6 comes around!)

I hope that the general public is able to wade through the over-produced show and be informed and entertained by what would be legitimately interesting material without the Michael Bay music video editing style.

Mud Eagle said:

I hope that the general public is able to wade through the over-produced show and be informed and entertained by what would be legitimately interesting material without the Michael Bay music video editing style.

Hell they could have filmed just the avionics for an hour and I would watch it.

I wish, I wish, I wish

Makes you wish you were John Travolta and could go buy a fighter just to yank and bank, feeling all that power.

At 34 -- I’ll never see that, OH WELL.

When I get the heaven, GOD just let me fly a fighter for the rest of eternity.

Question? AlbieF15, does the thrill it get old after a while, or is it a blast every time?

Thanks,
FamilyMan

Latest resources

Back