• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Go jet

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Had we grown up in poverty, a split household, abuse, hunger, lack of education, stable housing, etc. I'm confident that the opportunity would not have presented itself or, if it did would have, been very difficult to grasp. I guess someone who is 7 years old should see that and start making the right choices at that point????

How about fleeing a war in your homeland as a teenager and arriving to the US with just a suitcase, with no parents - only grandmother who didn't have any education, couldn't speak English very well and could barely afford to keep a roof over her head?

How about fleeing a war in your homeland as a teenager and arriving to the US with just a suitcase, with no parents - only grandmother who didn't have any education, couldn't speak English very well and could barely afford to keep a roof over her head?
Yeah but to get to your grandmothers you had to probably drive on a road, or at least walk on a sidewalk, and we all know that you for sure did not build that road or sidewalk, so you were privileged to have that opportunity.

Yeah but to get to your grandmothers you had to probably drive on a road, or at least walk on a sidewalk, and we all know that you for sure did not build that road or sidewalk, so you were privileged to have that opportunity.

:puke:

Here is some "troll food" for ya! (I pre chewed it for you! Now THAT'S a privilege! You may thank me later for helping you out!)

Last edited:
This might be the craziest GoJet thread ever.

Glex,

I was looking at pro pilot's yearly compensation guide. Seems to me that 200k is way high for a Global captain.

Here are the averages, you get a good part 91 gig with an owner who likes to take care of his pilots and well over 200K is possible, and then when you figure bonuses and perks and you get the picture.

2012 NBAA Salary Survey:
(National Average, Part 91 only)

Captain - Jet V (80k < 120k lbs)
Base Salary (as of Jan 1, 2012)
Average: $141,648

25% Quartile: $125,650
Median (50%): $140,200
75% Quartile: $160,474

------------------------------------

Captain - Jet V (80k < 120k lbs)
Total Compensation (as of Jan 1, 2012)
Average: $157,267

25% Quartile: $135,000
Median (50%): $156,223
75% Quartile: $178,015

Co-Pilot - Jet V (80k < 120k lbs)
Base Salary (as of Jan 1, 2012)
Average: $105,344

25% Quartile: $90,000
Median (50%): $95,000
75% Quartile: $121,500

------------------------------------

Co-Pilot - Jet V (80k < 120k lbs)
Total Compensation (as of Jan 1, 2012)
Average: $119,078

25% Quartile: $90,000
Median (50%): $102,000
75% Quartile: $143,000

It's all relative, man. I used to know a guy in Alabama that made $120K a year to drive a Citation II. That is WAY above the average, especially for that part of the country. Owner liked him and took care of him. Go figure.

91 is a COMPLETELY different world than 121. You aren't a cost unit driven by seniority, you are paid based on how indispensable your owner views you as and how good you are at your job.

200k for a GLEX captain in Chicago? Sounds about right for a better quality department...

Some owners are willing to pay more to have and retain familiar faces up front. It ain't the airlines...

Latest resources

Back