• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Go Jet

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I get the 'hate GoJet' and 'Mesa sux' mentality out there because I was one of them.

Let me enlighten some of you. I was at ASA for 7 years and left for the golden ticket ride at a major fractional. (the majors were all furloughing at the time so i figured i could get there quicker one day by going this route) After another 7 years here, now I'm getting furloughed. The one major lesson I've seen and learned? Hate it or love it, getting your PIC time is GOLDEN. I too was proud of where i came from, not having gone to gulfstream, mesa, etc. but you know what? All of those guys that did were senior to me at this company, and they will all be senior to me and you at the majors one day..

This doesnt apply to the 121 CPTs, but to all the FOs that will be in the right seat for the next 5+ years.. Hmmmm, sit here and wait 5 years to upgrade and another 2 years to build PIC and then get on with a major, or go to a place like GJ now and bypass the next 7 years of waiting..

Look, i dont like any more than most of you do, but it's the way it is right now. I am probably going to to GJ as a DEC myself because there is no way i could survive on FO pay by going anywhere else. In my case i dont need PIC time either, but i need the pay... I am so torn....

I get the 'hate GoJet' and 'Mesa sux' mentality out there because I was one of them.

Let me enlighten some of you. I was at ASA for 7 years and left for the golden ticket ride at a major fractional. (the majors were all furloughing at the time so i figured i could get there quicker one day by going this route) After another 7 years here, now I'm getting furloughed. The one major lesson I've seen and learned? Hate it or love it, getting your PIC time is GOLDEN. I too was proud of where i came from, not having gone to gulfstream, mesa, etc. but you know what? All of those guys that did were senior to me at this company, and they will all be senior to me and you at the majors one day..

This doesnt apply to the 121 CPTs, but to all the FOs that will be in the right seat for the next 5+ years.. Hmmmm, sit here and wait 5 years to upgrade and another 2 years to build PIC and then get on with a major, or go to a place like GJ now and bypass the next 7 years of waiting..

Look, i dont like any more than most of you do, but it's the way it is right now. I am probably going to to GJ as a DEC myself because there is no way i could survive on FO pay by going anywhere else. In my case i dont need PIC time either, but i need the pay... I am so torn....

All good points, but I value my sleep, too.

FYI... They are no longer hiring "DEC's" or, in their nomenclature...CQFO's (captain qualified fo's). They only needed about 35 of them and they reached that goal a long time ago.

That's the thing with principles.....they are not always EASY to uphold.

FYI... They are no longer hiring "DEC's" or, in their nomenclature...CQFO's (captain qualified fo's). They only needed about 35 of them and they reached that goal a long time ago.

Yes they are. Trust me..

And yes, I agree about the principles. On the other hand, i need to feed my family. I hope it's a short tenure..

Actually. No.

But good luck with that. Let us know how it works out for you!

Not only that, but it appears the CQFOs they did hire never actually fly in the left seat, thus never get left-seat pay. They just get to sit around and wait for that "six-month upgrade".

Latest resources

Back