Go guard or stay airline

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
A-10s and B-1s

How hard would it be to get an A-10 slot if you have a unit in your home state and you have the requisite hours and age?

Are A-10 slots in demand? I'd think they would be - heck, that's the type of airplane I'd like to fly....

What about B-1 bomber units - are there any out there and are they popular?

Cheers

QUOTE]Originally posted by AlbieF15

Bottom line is you need to log off flightinfo.com and get on the road visiting units ASAP.
[/QUOTE]

Ditto that!

MgtSux,

You seem to be a perfect fit for a guard or reserve unit. Nothing wrong with wanting a fighter either via Active Duty, ANG, or in the Reserves. ANG/Reserves fighter slots are most likely going to be harder to find than a heavy slot, but don't let the odds deter you.

The competition for slots will continue to increase as long as economy is slumping and good flying jobs are hard to find. It's great if you can get a fighter, but don't discount the tankers and herks out there, especially if you are age critical.

Be advised: some heavy units are highly coveted.

I know pilots who would give body parts to join the Pease NH KC-135 unit? Ever been to Portsmouth, NH? Rough place to live.

Which unit do you think is the most coveted job in the USAF? Yes including fighters? Maybe the C-21s in C. Springs. Don't even think about thinking about this piece of heaven on earth. You probably have better chance of becoming the next President. :(

There are plenty of other great tanker units out there. And has anyone ever meet a Herk pilot who didn't love the job?

Get on this now, otherwise you chances get thin after you hit 30 and need an age waiver. If a unit can send a guy without an age waiver they will. Visiting units close to your home may pay big.

Good Luck.

Yahtz

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back