Go Falcons

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

ExAF

USAFA is in the Armed Forces bowl today and looking good against CAL. Good luck Falcons. Kick some CAL booty!

Last edited:
There were 3 separate flyovers. I couldn't stumble out to see any of the jets, but saw a huey and cobra doing a formation flight.

Anyone know what the jets were? They definitely sounded like fighters.

B-1 and a couple F-22A's from Tyndall. Saw it on TV. AF started strong, but 1st and goal inside the 5 2x and come away with FG's? Killers. Now Carney is out...could be a tough 4th qtr.

Valliant Effort

The Falcons gave it a good shot. Once Carney was out, you could hear the Fat Lady warming up. It just wasn't the same team after he went out. Like the commentator said, "The tricks just don't work the same when you take Houdini out of the equation." (or something to that effect) I think they did well to stay within 6 after that.

That poor kid. I cringed when I saw his knee buckle.

If his knee is F'd up badly, is he going to lose his commission?

If so, does he have to do any 'tuition repayment' or anything of that sort?

Tough luck

No, at this point he won't be disenrolled or have to pay back any tuition. I had a friend who was medically DQ'd from commissioning at the last minute. He was allowed to graduate and was free to go. I think Carney would fall into that, but I'm hoping it wasn't as bad as it looked. They were calling it a sprain.

Slo Mo

Watching that knee bend like that in slo mo made my @sshole pucker! That had to do a lot of dammage. My guess "severe knee sprain" was sugar coating it for the TV audience. Ouch.

Last edited:
The injury was pretty bad. I got this info from the C. Springs Gazette newspaper:

"An MRI on senior quarterback Shaun Carney’s injured right knee revealed Carney dislocated his knee cap and tore the ACL, MCL and PCL, Carney said. He is slated to have surgery in about six weeks."

Cheers

He will probably graduate. His assignment was to come back to USAFA as a graduate football coach anyway. I wish him well. He has done a lot for USAFA Football.

Latest resources

Back