• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Go airlines jumpseaters to HNL

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Exactly...it's about personal responsibility and free choice.

they are free to choose to work at Go.

those guys on interview boards and hiring departments they'll be applying to, should feel free to laugh them out of the room.

So one can no longer jumpseat to work? I understand it's controversial, however, Mesa pilots are ALPA union paying members. REZ or PCL-thoughts????

An LAX based pilot (or any base for that matter) who is being sent to HNL to fly in NOT on pleasure flying and should not be on a jumpseat. He should be on some kind of positive space CoBus ticket.

So one can no longer jumpseat to work? I understand it's controversial, however, Mesa pilots are ALPA union paying members. REZ or PCL-thoughts????

No, you can jumpseat to work. You just can't jumpseat when assigned by the company to cover a trip that starts and finishes in a domicile other than your own. Example. I live on the east coast. I'm based in PHX . I jumpseat to work and start my trip,finish 4 days later and jumpseat home. This is legitimate use of the jumpseat and was the impetus behind the creation of the reciprocal jumpseat program we know today.

Example 2
A PHX based Mesa pilot is assigned to cover a "GO" trip in HNL by the company . This is a trip that was assigned by the company. It is the companies responsibility to purchase a ticket and get him to HNL and back to his PHX domicile. He shouldn't be using jumpseat privelages to get himself back and forth . I believe this is where the distinction lies. In other words ,if his trip is a company assigned trip that he or she must cover in a domicile other than there own, it's the companies responsibility to get the pilot there and then back to his base; not the pilots and certainly not by use of the jumpseat. Especially if its going to help that slime Orenstein save money.

PHXFLYR:cool:

Last edited:
Spoke to a few of my friends who flew some of AQ's last flight yesterday. go! pilots were obviously celebraating their demise even making comments about it. They are hardly innocent parties in this case.

Fk Mesa, fk go! let them police their pilot group. Suffer the consequences of working for a bottom-feeder. I have no sympathy for any plight they may face. Their lack of professionalism displayed yesterday, while a fellow aviatior, and fellow UNION BROTHER, was flying his last flight is downright shameful.

If any pilots from my airline behaved that way I would expect similar treatment.

Spoke to a few of my friends who flew some of AQ's last flight yesterday. go! pilots were obviously celebraating their demise even making comments about it. They are hardly innocent parties in this case.

Fk Mesa, fk go! let them police their pilot group. Suffer the consequences of working for a bottom-feeder. I have no sympathy for any plight they may face. Their lack of professionalism displayed yesterday, while a fellow aviatior, and fellow UNION BROTHER, was flying his last flight is downright shameful.

If any pilots from my airline behaved that way I would expect similar treatment.

My sentiments EXACTLY.

B.S. Typical FI poster that does not know what they are talking about. Maybe you can find a bad egg that has done what you say....but that would be a MGT cronie. MESA pilots do not and know not to go on company business on the jump seat.

First off, I am by no means your typical FI poster. Second, I am the jumpseat chair at my airline, and this issue has been discussed with many JSC's at other airlines on our own forums. Third, it is not the Mesa pilots that are SAYING they are domiciled in different stations, it is Mesa management telling the pilots of their new domicile so they do not have to TDY them out there. Mesa does some VERY questionable practices on all levels (reference the lawsuit by Aloha, and/or Hawaiian.....reference the pilots falling asleep inbound to HNL due to fatigue......reference their Jr. assign policies currently being used.....etc).

Again, my details may be less than 100% accurate, or current, but I guarantee Mesa management knows how to get around TDYing their pilots out to HNL.

Latest resources

Back