GNS-XLS operation?

cart

Total Time
What's the quickest way to "draw a line" to the end of a runway using the 'direct' to function? Doing it to the airport is easy, but how to I enter a final approach course (line) to the runway? FYI, we can only load a GPS approach---no ILS, VOR, etc.
Thanks

propilot

Go Sioux!
Total Time
What's the quickest way to "draw a line" to the end of a runway using the 'direct' to function? Doing it to the airport is easy, but how to I enter a final approach course (line) to the runway? FYI, we can only load a GPS approach---no ILS, VOR, etc.
Thanks
Have you tried user defined waypoints using range/bearing from the LOC?

Hawker800

Total Time
Get the update completed and it will do it. Cost around 10 grand per box. Gives ILS, SIDS, STARS, routes and all. When you type in the airport it will provide the runways. Also is now world wide stuff. Without that If I remember correctly, you will need to bring up the track and enter the course you wish to intercept. The how to is in the operators manual. Wish I could be of more help. Good luck and have fun.

sg737

Total Time
10ish
Maybe you all know this one, I don't have that much experience with this box, but did it by accident the other day.... Go direct to the runway, and on the nav1 page, change the course to the runway. Turns the runway into a PVOR....

stratman560

Total Time
3500+
Maybe you all know this one, I don't have that much experience with this box, but did it by accident the other day.... Go direct to the runway, and on the nav1 page, change the course to the runway. Turns the runway into a PVOR....
Been awhile since I've operate the GNS, but we used to build the ILS's (or any approach not listed in the database), then highlight(select) the FAF, press the HDG button and enter the DTK inbound from the FAF to the RWxx. You can also do a quick shortcut on the first Nav page like you mentioned.

cart

Total Time
Got it so far but how do I pull up the runway (vice airport)--- don't want 'direct to' FAF, but to the runway!
Thanks for your help, Gents

2dumb2drive

Total Time
>1.2
Got it so far but how do I pull up the runway (vice airport)--- don't want 'direct to' FAF, but to the runway!
Thanks for your help, Gents
Hit fltplan, use the button on the left side with the carrot < to highlight your destination, then hit the enter button. When you do this it will bring up all the runways at that airport. Highlight the one you want, hit enter and it will change your destination way point to the runway. You can the use the technique described earlier in the Nav 1 page, just hit the carrot at the DTK and change it to the runway heading.