• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Global Express Questions

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
We can get full reverse on the EMB without the nosegear being on the ground. Nobody really does so, but it is no problem. They changed the logic to allow this as originally it didn't. Takes a hefty pull to settle it gently like other planes mentioned above.

When I flew the EMB for eagle they did not even want us to use reverse on the EMB unless a wet runway or it was less than 7,000 feet. Something about finding stress fractures in the verticle stab. Once I moved to the legacy they never talked about that, guess not nearly the number of cycles fixed that problem.

When I flew the EMB for eagle they did not even want us to use reverse on the EMB unless a wet runway or it was less than 7,000 feet. Something about finding stress fractures in the verticle stab. O

Dang, never heard that one before!

Do other airlines have this policy?

Never heard the vertical stab thing. It is a bucket thing and apparently brakes were cheaper than reversers. Same on the Falcon.

Several airlines do it but it is about actuators or the buckets themselves getting tired, not the vertical stab... Idle reverse is like a drag chute at touchdown.

Last edited:
Just what we were told. Initially they said it was a brake thing, but then said it was a stab thing. It is amazing how much that stab shakes when in deep reverse.

The Global doesnt have the same nose slamming characteristics of the GV thankfully. With that said, I'll take landing the GV over the Global any day.

What is so different between the two?

Latest resources

Back