Global Express pay scales

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

wafu39

Can anyone out there in the corporate world give me an idea of pay scales for an F/O on a Global Express?

Any info is much appreciated.

Thanks.

The daily rate for a contract GLEX Captain is $1200-1500 per day plus expenses domestically. Abroad you can get a GLEX captain for closer to $800 per day (ex-pats don't pay taxes). That's ICP pay.

For fulltime-FO pay in a GLEX I can only reference the NBAA salary survey that states median GLEX FO pay is $87,672, plus benefits. So that should be a minimum; as most companies, if they can afford a GLEX, will try to upgrade you to GLEX captain as soon as they're able. The NBAA salary survey puts the median GLEX Cap pay at $141,325.

On the corporate side of the fence, salaries can be all over the place. Large corporate (Gulfstreams, Falcons, GLEX's, Challengers) guys can make anywhere for the low $30's to well over $200K. Fortunately there are relatively few GLEX's out there so they still tend to pay rather well.

Thanks for the information.

If the survey says the median f/o pay is 87k, why do you say that should be the minimum?

I am not used to negotiating salary as I have been paid according to contract for the last 10 years. so any advice you have will be very helpful.

Wafu39

Exactly, the median should be the minimum in negotiations for a GLEX job. Here's why, the companies that have GLEX's right now are very well run companies (most are F100). The HR folks that actually hire you (CP's and Avmng's officially recommend then HR approves the contract at large corporations) realize that to get the best personal they have to pay better than median.

Pay at large corporate jobs is actually pretty well structured. The HR people have their salary surveys, typically NBAA or Stanton group (HR typically likes Stanton since it is a known product, not filled out by pilots for pilots). You can forget those ProPilot and other informal surveys, they're trash. Since these F100 companies are hire only the top people they would tend to look into the 90% percentile range and pay from there. The 90th percentile for large cabin FO is $105, 400.

Again that is how you are paid at a large, quality corporation, I'm sure there are some GLEX's out there that are individually owned and the CP's will think they're saving their bosses money by underpaying the FO. That's life in the corporate world.

Good luck.

Great job!

Wow! Sounds like a great opportunity... I'd love to fly a Global one day - I recently popped my head into the cockpit of a big Global and I was impressed. Excellent automation and systems. Of course, with your CRJ background, it should be reasonably familiar.

I am presuming that you were furloughed or recently retired - why would you give up a 757/767 position?

Best of luck - it should be fun!

Cheers

Unfortunately I was furloughed, and I think it will be a while before we all go back to our real lives.

I consider myself very fortunate to have found a position that can support my family. I just hope all the other guys and gals out there are able to do the same.

Latest resources

Back