GLEX XRS Range

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Hello,

Trying to revive this post, looks like a new Vision Flight Deck XRS is on the way to our ramp in a few months finally, we've been on the list for a few years. Now can any experienced guys out there share some info about this bad boy? I know its a new cockpit and probably not too many guys are available, but will be nice to know what are u experiences with it? Even the pilots flying the classic will love hear some experiences....

Can u share some fuel figures? Preferred cruise Alt/Speed/ Max range/LRC. Pilot Salary? FO/CA? Overall maintenance? Aircraft will be operated in 'HOT' wx all year around unless EU for some trips during winter.

Hello,

Trying to revive this post, looks like a new Vision Flight Deck XRS is on the way to our ramp in a few months finally, we've been on the list for a few years. Now can any experienced guys out there share some info about this bad boy? I know its a new cockpit and probably not too many guys are available, but will be nice to know what are u experiences with it? Even the pilots flying the classic will love hear some experiences....

Can u share some fuel figures? Preferred cruise Alt/Speed/ Max range/LRC. Pilot Salary? FO/CA? Overall maintenance? Aircraft will be operated in 'HOT' wx all year around unless EU for some trips during winter.

Good luck with that. Let us know how you fare....

Hello,

GSXR,

I've been flying the XRS for about 2 1/2 years. The boss wanted to trade for a 6000, but since we have so few hours and so many cabin upgrades, I actually talked him out of it. We have an early 7000 ordered, and as far as I'm concerned, it' just doesn't make sense. I am very much looking forward to getting my hands on those new avionics though.

We have had very few problems with our plane, and it's reliability has been great. However, I know of another plane a couple serial numbers from ours that has been a nightmare for it's operator. I think most of their issues were caused by a completion center that is no longer in business though.

We pretty much always fly at M.85. We can almost always climb to 410 or 430 unless it's hot and we have max fuel. Bombardier says max range is 6150 nm. I think that's that's pretty darn optimistic.

LRC speed is about M82. You actually need to get into the LRC tables and turn off the auto throttles if really want to stretch the range. Holding about a 2-2.5 degrees AOA on the HUD is a pretty good cheat if you don't want to go into the book to decide when to climb, but for max range, go into the LRC table. Climbing too early will kill your range.

I fly out of Dubai, so we see plenty of hot wx. You'll be amazed by the packs and how quickly they cool a hot cabin. Unfortunately, there is a limitation prohibiting Bleed Air extraction above 45 deg C. (I hear, ahem... It can be difficult to precisely read a thermometer in the shimmering heat above that temp)

The performance on the airplane is staggering. Typical landing distance is 2200 feet and that includes actual distance plus 1500' for certification. Even at max landing weight of 78,600, landing distances are around 2700-2800'. When the plane is a max Gross it's like a different airplane, but it still has reasonable T.O. performance. When it's light or even at medium weight, it's a rocket ship.

Rule of thumb fuel flow numbers depend on how much fuel you're carrying. The plane holds 45,100 lbs of fuel which provides an endurance of about 13.5 hours plus reserves. So, 1st hour, second hour flows depend significantly on how much you're carrying.

Salaries obviously vary depending on location, rotation, private vs Charter, and who the operator is. I frequently hear of expat Captain jobs paying between 180-240K.

Feel free to pm me if you have more specific questions.

Amazing airplane. Pretty much everything x rated said is spot on. One thing to add with the fuel for a trip of less then 3 hours and temps close to ISA I have had no issue going to 470-490 to get above weather, was surprised how easily it made it up there.

Latest resources

Back