Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Skippy

what confidence!!!!

On Thursday in Washington , D.C. , the board of directors of the Air Transport Association of America (ATA), the industry trade organization that represents the leading U.S. airlines, unanimously elected Glenn Tilton as chairman of the ATA Board of Directors. He will serve a two-year term.

"Glenn has proven time and again his strong leadership ability during the most tumultuous of times," said ATA President and CEO James C. May. "Under Glenn’s chairmanship, ATA will work vigorously with the new administration and Congress on a number of aviation priorities, including air traffic modernization, energy policy and the implementation of fair and practical environmental protection measures."

The ATA is widely recognized by Congress, the Department of Transportation, the Federal Aviation Administration, the Department of Homeland Security and other governmental and regulatory agencies as representing the collective interests of the industry. ATA works to foster a business and economic environment that promotes safe and efficient air transportation. The ATA has taken the lead on key issues facing our industry, including a campaign launched earlier this year to stop excessive oil speculation that was primarily responsible for driving up fuel prices, and efforts to modernize our air traffic control system and fairly fund our next generation ATC system.

"I am pleased to serve as chairman of the ATA, and along with my fellow directors look forward to partnering with the new administration and the Congress on initiatives that will further both the performance of the industry and the economic contribution to the U.S. economy," Tilton said. "Airlines are a driver of economic growth, contributing more than $1.1 trillion in value to the economy and creating more than 10 million jobs. With a modernized air traffic control system, we can deliver better financial, operational and environmental results to the benefit of our customers, our employees, our stakeholders and the communities we serve."

ATA members comprise the largest passenger and cargo carriers in the U.S. , including American Airlines, Continental Airlines, Delta Air Lines, Federal Express, Southwest Airlines, United Airlines, UPS Airlines and US Airways.

Unbelievable.

i gues the other airlines thought, WOW he screwed the united pilots so hard, he must have his PHD in it, so not only will this piss off the already aformentioned united pilots, but he'll direct the other airlines how to screw their pilots over too.

GMAFB

someone put in an eric cartman " L A M E " here

Unbelievable.

Believable. If there's anything I've learned since I joined the airline scene is that anything, no matter how ridiculous, preposterous, and unbelievable, is possible. The more preposterous, the more likely it will happen.

Many of these CEOs look out for each other. Glenn and James May probably have dinner, play golf together, and suck each other off every weekend.

YGTBSM,
This is the best thing to happen in recent history, this will level the playing field by introducing stupidity at the national level. ATA is for the airlines, not the pilots when Tilton exhibits the Peter Principal(http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Peter_principle) in action this rotary screw job that we all call careers, will devolve into mayhem that even the Bush regime wouldn't tolerate, much less Obama. I for one cannot wait, it just gets better every day!
PBR

Wonder if this new position will help any merger activity....interesting that the pervious chairperson Mr. Steenland (NWA)...got his airline merged.....

Last edited:
Isn't Glen Tilton a big advocate of Open Skies? If I'm correct, airline pilots just went down a huge notch in the USA.

Latest resources

Back