Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Gleim or American Flyers online CFI Renewal?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

BoDEAN

Cabo Wabo Express
Have to renew by the end of April. Two years ago I used Gleim. I just noticed American Flyers has a ONE TIME pay of $125 dollars which allows you to renew for live, online with their course. Anyone tried this and have any comments on it?

Have to renew by the end of April. Two years ago I used Gleim. I just noticed American Flyers has a ONE TIME pay of $125 dollars which allows you to renew for live, online with their course. Anyone tried this and have any comments on it?

American Flyers all the way! I paid $99 8 years ago and just finished up my 3rd free renewal. Disadvantage of American Flyers is that you have to spend a certain amount of time in each study lounge before the test link becomes available. Usually 60-120 minutes in the study lounge. Once the test link becomes available you can go back into the study lounge to look up the answers. Its a simple no brainer. To avoid having to waste time in the study lounge just download an "automatic refresher" onto your toolbar. It's a very simple quick download. I open up a study lounge and set my auto refresher to refresh on 5 minute intervals. I return to my computer 2 hours later and the test link is available to me. Works great and you will never pay again for your renewal.

:beer:

Gleim all the way. Complete the entire course in 6 hours. You don't have to spend a minimum amount of time online starring at the screen to complete the course like American Flyers. Although if you do have 20-30 hours to spend online over the course of a few weeks I would probably do American Flyers course because it's good for life. I didn't have the time to spend so I went the Gleim route.

Gleim all the way. Complete the entire course in 6 hours. You don't have to spend a minimum amount of time online starring at the screen to complete the course like American Flyers. Although if you do have 20-30 hours to spend online over the course of a few weeks I would probably do American Flyers course because it's good for life. I didn't have the time to spend so I went the Gleim route.

With an autofresher installed on my toolbar, I can complete the American Flyers course in one day and I probablly only spend about 2 hours infront of the computer. I'm at the gym, running errands, hitting golfballs, surfing the internet, ect. ect. during my "study lounge time" :laugh: ..... not staring at the computer. American Flyers all the way!

Now....Tastes Great/Less Filling?

I say Less Filling

Last edited:
Gleim

And Tastes Great!

Well I just signed up for the American Flyers online course. Ill start it tomorrow and see how it goes.

Just install an auto refresher and the American Flyers time thing becomes a non issue.

it looks like you still have to do each section individually on the american flyers even with the auto refreher. I did the stage one auto refresh, had the test link available, and wanted to continue to stage 2, but couldn't until i completed the test to stage 1. seems like it would be best to get all the study lounges done, then blast through all the tests at once. Is this posssible with the auto refresh method, or do i do them one stage and exam at a time. I'm going for ultimate lazy here.... thanks.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back