Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

CUEBOAT

HomeBaseBKLYN
2 years has flown by. Feels like I earned that baby yesterday. Anyone use the gleim website to renew their Flight Instructor certificate? Good? Bad? Indifferent? I actually renewed once already with a goldseal, but havn't been teaching within the last year.

I have renewed my CFI with Gleim twice and it is EASY! If you want to renew with almost no hassle I would recommend Gleim. You probably won't learn much from it though.

I used it last year to renew mine. It was a very quick and easy way to renew. Also, for an extra few $$$ they will even mail your certificate to you and save you a trip to the FSDO.

It is set up very similar to their books. You read a summary page and then answer a 10 question quiz. You can log in and out as often as you wish and set you own schedule. It took me about a week to complete because I only did a chapter or two at a time each day. For what it is worth, I will use it again next time.

Hello Cueboat,

I was one of the first CFIs to use the online Gleim FIRC. I thought it was great. However, 4 years ago I signed up with American Flyers. I paid $100 and it included lifetime renewals for free. It's just as easy to do as the Gleim course, but you just can't beat the price. I think they're charging a whopping $125 now.

Good Luck

Latest resources

Back