• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

JediNein

No One Special at all
Greetings,

I'm looking for ideas and leads on folks that are interested in instructing in new Cirrus glass cockpit airplanes. Our ideal instructors would be a somewhat local career flight instructor or perhaps a retired airline captain, already familiar with glass cockpit technology and looking to supplement or replace a retirement account. This is not an entry level flight instructor position.

Our flight school in Van Nuys, California has one SR22 on the flight line and an SR20 enroute from the factory. We expect to have two more new Cirrus on the flight line very soon. Visit www.genehudson.com or come to our open house on September 17, 2005 for details on our flight school and the Cirrus. The open house will be at Petersen Aviation, KVNY, from 9 AM to 4 PM with at least two new Cirrus on display.

PM or email me at [email protected] if more details are needed.

Thanks much,
Jedi Nein

Prefer CFIs with sky-diving or military paratrooper experience.

(I'm sorry, I really am, it's just that I couldn't resist.)

Now, now, space shuttle time with at least two Mir dockings is not an absolute requirement. . . If they have one, we'll still consider them.

Fly SAFE!
Jedi Nein

Just out of curiosity, I clicked on the link to the website and read about the book Instrument Flying Made Easy. "Gene takes you through the relevant psychology and physiology, and lets that lead you to new ways of scanning the instruments, as well as trimming and handling the aircraft in a way that will drastically reduce your workload and stress while improving your ability to fly the aircraft on heading and on altitude. Nothing else even comes close!"

Do you suppose you could provide a one- or two-paragraph summary of what distinguishes his method from the "old ways"? I suppose if you could provide specifics about the "old ways" that would be helpful, as well, as my Instrument Training was not civilian of any vintage.

I looked at the sample page (nothing wrong with what was there, but I already knew that) and the Contents page, and I'm not persuaded to spend the 30 bucks. Is there a "book report" that you could give that would change my mind? :)

Thanks!

dash8driver said:
you working on your instrument skills now that you have spelling mastered? ;)
Can you ever be too good? :)

Apparently I'm not, as JediNein has yet to answer. :(

Sorry, been slammed with students lately (not complaining).

As an instructor, I require my student pilots to read this book as part of their training. They consistently come back flying better, and the only reason is they read and applied some of the material.

As an experienced instructor, you'll probably read this book and nod most of the way through it. You probably already know most of the stuff in there from long, hard experience. You might also find one nugget of information that allows you to explain a concept just a bit better, fly just a wee bit closer to perfection, or, if you are really lucky, make you sit back and think, 'why didn't I think of that!"

At our levels of expertise, we could spend three days in intensive training and only get out of it one little tidbit of information, but have that little tidbit make the whole experience worthwhile. Perhaps this text has that tidbit in it.

Try it, if you find it doesn't blow your skirt up, send it back, money back guarantee, no questions. At worse, you'll have lost the time it took to read it.

Gotta run, our new Cirri require we give our clients our best, and we can't do that without sleep.

Fly SAFE!
Jedi Nein

Last edited:
gee a 10 hour checkout for the 210. ya but you can see your reflection in the paint

JediNein has yet to answer
And why should she? Just so you know-it-alls can start an argument with her about some minute point of aviating, which will inevitably lead to personal insults and 'revenge posting' for weeks to come?

No good deed goes unpunished around this bunch.

Some of you guys really do need some time outside, and not in an airplane either.

:uzi:

Minh

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back