Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
From one old goat to another

OldGoat said:
I’m looking for some advice from anyone who’s been in the Part 91 world for a while or anyone who has gone from 121 to 91...

I’m considering leaving the airline life for QOL reasons and have an opportunity with a large established flight department (5 jets) in a Fortune 100 company. The job has what I’m missing in my 121 job; no commute obviously and I’ll be home 90% of the time with holidays and weekends off. The company pays industry standard and there are minimal office duties outside of flying. All the pilots I’ve spoken with seem very happy and many have been there for a long time. However, I feel that I may be giving up job security and long term income as my current employer is and should continue to do very well.

What do you think? I know that I’m blessed to be in this position however the decision is making me crazy – it’s only my family’s future we’re talking about.

Many thanks in advance!

Not sure what you definition of old is but if there is a real opportunity out there with a quality company go for it and don't look back. All the coments from the others on this post are pretty much on target. If your eyes are wide open you will not be disappointed in your decision. Your family might find it a little strange compared to your past life, but all in all it will probably be for the better, especially, if you are working for any of the legacy airlines.

Good luck

kingairyahoo said:
...now that would be one of the best kept secrets in aviation...until TIS let it eek out :eek:
Thanks TIS, so much for the secret handshake and password protection for the best kept secret in the industry. Next thing you know you'll be telling them about all the 4 figure tips we get;) .

rice said:
Thanks TIS, so much for the secret handshake and password protection for the best kept secret in the industry. Next thing you know you'll be telling them about all the 4 figure tips we get;) .
He was saving that until after someone mentioned the company cars... oops.

'Sled

Latest resources

Back