SimuFlite
GIV Initial
$18,200 one time
$20,500 w/Citation V recurrent

Ultraman

Wow....thats quite a difference!

But I'm sure SimuFlite's tote bags are SO inferior....:D

Gulfstream 200 said:
So....word on the street is that FalconCapt is el-cheapo huh......????

Making all the big bucks being a corporate pilot and wont buy his fellow pilots a drink or two....??

interesting...

:D
JetPilot500 (i.e. Cheap Bastard) is F.O.S... :D :p ;) But then again, you guys already knew that! :eek:

Ultraman said:
I just got pricing from FSI and SimuFlite:

FSI
GIV Initial
$32,000 one time
$41,300 full service

SimuFlite
GIV Initial
$18,200 one time
$20,500 w/Citation V recurrent

Ultraman

I just had a buddy of mine (furloughed DAL) cut a deal with Simuflight. If you are willing to go to through the initial on short notice. You can cut an even better deal. Just tell them that you can start anytime and that you would be willing to fill in on a short notice cancellation. They would sooner give you a break then let the seat in class go empty. They need an even number of folks to go through class or they have to provide (pay) a sim instructor as a partner. Which is not popular with the customers.

Even at $18,200 you can recoup your investment with 28-40 days. That is based upon the daily rates of between $450-650.

G4G5 said:

Even at $18,200 you can recoup your investment with 28-40 days. That is based upon the daily rates of between $450-650.

$450-$650 a day for a current G-IV captain? I was making over $400/day almost 15 years ago in a Westwind. PLEASE tell me nobody's giving it away like that!!!

Nah.

I think what he was saying is that, unlike a Westwind, most GIV/GV operators wont hire you to be a PIC right out of school. Im sure his rates were for newly qualified SICs with a type.

I hear GV/Global PIC guys getting 1000-1500/day.

:)

With reguards to the $450-650 number. What I was refering to was SIC rates after the agency fees(JPI, or whomever) have been removed.

PIC rates differ dramaticly but very few companies hire off the street rental PIC's. The ones that do typically pay a premium. I just had a buddy of mine get $900 a day for F2000 PIC but that work is few and far between. The few G4 PIC trips that I have heard of went for around $1000 a day.

The other thing to consider is that their are a TREMENDOUS amount of G4 drivers out there. With over 500- G4's out there, plenty of guys have types. Plenty of guys work a week on, week off schedule and are readily available, on short notice for a week. Plenty of guys are willing to drop their rates just to build time in type, wtih hopes that it leads to something long term.

The G5 and Global rates have been between $1000-1500 depending upon need. The average is $1200 a day. There are far fewer G5-GEX pilots with time in type available for hire. Another thing to consider is that most of the G5-GEX trips are for destinations that require a longer time commitment from the rental pilot.

Last edited:
empenage said:
Our temps in the Global get 1200 a day plus expenses...

Based in NJ?

Latest resources

Back