GIV currency requirement in Europe????

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

G3G4

Anyone know where I can find info on what currency is required when flying in Europe on a g4 as a sic? I'm typed but haven't been to school in over 2 years. Here in the states most insurance accepts my training that I do on a gV every six months and the experience I already have on the 4. So all i need here in the states is 3 bounces and im still good as an sic. I was just wondering what Europe requires.

I dont have it in black and white but we stay within 12 months. We are dual qualified and alternate training every 6 months. Assuming your part 91 only, I would suggest the same for your department if you are flying a V and a IV. As for the regulation, I would look at it from a ramp check perspective. We carry copies of our latest training event in the airplane and also copies of our annual international training. I would bet that 135 flights would have tighter rules than 12 months, then ask your POI, if that is the case.

I assume this aircraft in Europe is "N" reg? If not, you've got a whole other issue. JAA license or at least a validation from the country you are operating in to start with.

Anyone know where I can find info on what currency is required when flying in Europe on a g4 as a sic? I'm typed but haven't been to school in over 2 years. Here in the states most insurance accepts my training that I do on a gV every six months and the experience I already have on the 4. So all i need here in the states is 3 bounces and im still good as an sic. I was just wondering what Europe requires.

as far as i know you need to be current to the standards of the aircraft registration home country.

Latest resources

Back