Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Sue!

gear_guy said:
Are you saying that an age discrimination law suit has never been won? Or that you should accept the discrimination and move. Why? I did'nt do anything wrong. You said it is not about the age. But the CP said he wants them in their 30's. That seems pretty blatant to me. The words on a tape would be icing on the cake, in my opinion.

Great answer. Sue someone! It's the American way! If someone wants a pilot with grey hair - sue them! If someone wants a female flight attendant - sue them! Remember, they are the enemy! (even though they pay our check and it's a small industry).

I'd like your style, if I were a LAWYER. But I'm not, I'm just a humble pilot. And there were times that I didn't get hired because they didn't like my age, my hight, etc, but I survived. Dude needs to cool his heels. He has all of 400 hours and wants to be a GIV captain. Let him fly a few years for someone, keep his nose clean and it will all happen for him. In the meantime, he could sue them for some extra income :)

G200 - again, you're right on.

Ace

Duder, you must to consider the time your stay with an operator, if you changes every year from operator you could be considerated unstable (and that isn't so good).

The FD aptitude with you is really hostile, in my personal experience (not as pilot, I'm not a propilot, I'm an engineer), this could mean envy (you may be really good) or they need your place vacant for another guy.

My advise in this case: this is a very unhappy situation with no other solution than to look for another job, just wait for a good tailwind, be patient.

I think you have enough time for a GIV Capt. your priority must be to found a positive job, doesn't matter if is as a co-pilot. (the insurance contracts we revised for our G450 requires XXXX hr Turbine and XXXX TT and XXX hr in same size plane and 50 in type -must be because is a new type-)

Now I can't offer you nothing since we found no descent GIV for dry leasing, also we have no enoug cash flow to buy an used one, so we opted for a GIV Marquis card and wait later next year for our G450, and when it arrives will be based at KTMB, and you don't like Florida obviously.

Last edited:
it is not all about numbers and insurance. if you worked for a company that had a clue --they would find a way to satisfy enough of your job related needs to keep you progressing along your career path. there can be a happy medium. if your boss is not willing or able to work with you then you can always look elsewhere.
bottom line is you can't force them to give you more responsibility. i would just keep plugging away for now. from my vantage point you still have plenty of time left in the future and you are gaining great experience now. :)

Last edited:
Gulfstream 200 said:
OK - you win. they have no money (no dirtbag 135 operators do) you get nothing.

Oh! I did'nt know it was 135 in S. Florida. I take back everything. Dude get the heck out of there.:D

semperfido said:
it is not all about numbers and insurance. if you worked for a company that had a clue --they would find a way to satisfy enough of your job related needs to keep you progressing along your career path. there can be a happy medium. if your boss is not willing or able to work with you then you can always look elsewhere.
bottom line is you can't force them to give you more responsibility. i would just keep plugging away for now. from my vantage point you still have plenty of time left in the future and you are gaining great experience now. :)

Thanks Capt.

I just want to say that the comment made about my age was when I had 20 hours in the plane, and was made by a Lear 60 pilot. I had no ambition to beg for a Captain seat, and barely have the motivation to pursue it yet. I am happy in the right seat, but wanted to know more about the normal times people see of new Captains.

Job lead?

Gulfstream V Captain (FL) 6/21

South Florida company is seeking a qualified international Gulfstream V Captain for Part 91 and 135 operations. Successful applicant will have a G-V type rating, current and experienced in the G-V, and have extensive international experience. We are looking for a "team player" that is willing to relocate and who is looking for long term employment. A G-V type rating is required to be considered for this position. Please email your resume to employer for consideration. Don't forget to mention AvCrew.com when applying.

Yo Duderino,

No offense here, but less than 5 weeks ago you were asking for help for your first Atlantic crossing....

Now you can be a Capt and "do Europe all day"..... Russia is "easy"....

Am I missing something here?

http://forums.flightinfo.com/showthread.php?t=54260

Whats the rush? are you screwing with us?

:confused: .

Last edited:
Ace-of-the-Base said:
Great answer. Sue someone! It's the American way! If someone wants a pilot with grey hair - sue them! If someone wants a female flight attendant - sue them! Remember, they are the enemy! (even though they pay our check and it's a small industry).
IU saw a guy today driving a high-end Lexuz, his license plate was "ISUEDMD"...

I'm PIC in a CE-501/550 at 27. It's no G-whiz, but I do know what you mean. We have certain clients, (1 group), that want a grey head in the left seat. They just don't know any better. So....I don't fly 'em. Fine with me.....that's less work I gotta do. We have 1 female copilot here, and we've had complaints about her from a certain customer. The guy is a dumba$$ anyway, as she is a very sharp pilot, but the customer gets what the customer wants. There was a Pakistani copilot working at my first job. Right after 9/11, NONE of our customers would fly with him. He was a nice guy, fine pilot, had NOTHING to do with any kind of radical muslim crap, but people still refused to fly with him. Kudos to our old boss, because he basically paid him to do nothing for a few months until he lost his work visa and had to go home.

Point is, it sucks big dik, but it's something you're gonna have to deal with. Some rich a$$holes prefer to see an old guy in the left seat. Since they're paying the bills, they get what they want. It sucks, it's wrong, but there's not much that can be done about it. Best thing you can do is start lookin' for another job. Ah....the life of a corporate pilot.....constant job hunting...

Latest resources

Back