Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

bmxandjets

poolside
has anyone taken flight training and used GI BIll benefits, and had to choose whether to use the 1606 or the REAP 1607? i am mainly conscerned with how much, or what % the 1607 benefits pay. thanks in advance.

I did the A320 type with the GI Bill bennies. They pay 60% of your type costs. I think it's great. I got an A320 type for literally $5K. Try FTI, HPA, Simcenter...all these accept GI Bill.

GI Bill

My 737 type cost 7500. The GI bill sent me a check for 4300. I wrote the whole 7500. off taxes because I figured the GI Bill money was part of my initial investment which grew with interest over the years.

My 737 type cost 7500. The GI bill sent me a check for 4300. I wrote the whole 7500. off taxes because I figured the GI Bill money was part of my initial investment which grew with interest over the years.

I also got the 737 type (CPT in Houston) and the GI Bill will pay 60%. Make sure that the place you go is accredited or they will NOT pay you. You can write the entire amount off (I did) as long as you report the income from the Government ($4300).

Last edited:
I'm not smart enough to know the diference between 1606 and 1607 but I do know--I went to HPA for my 737 type and they took care of all the paperwork. All I had to do was sign it. 6 weeks later I got a check for $4300...easy as that.

Latest resources

Back