GI Bill for type rating

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

King Air

I'm getting out of the Army and looking for a corporate job. Is there a good way to let a prospective employer know that you have GI BIll benifits to help pay for a type? Bottom line use these benifits to help get a job. Is this a road you would want to even go down?

I think this was discussed in an earlier post.....DONT DO IT.....not the road you want to travel.

What you could do would be get a type like the citation 500 series type which covers several of the citations. There is also a lear type that covers a few of the lear series.

This will make you more marketable and their are plenty of companies that use citations and lears.

hope this helps,

1900cpt

I agree W/ 1900cpt. Dont tell future prospects you
are interested in paying for your own type. Save that
for Southwest like I did. I can tell from your history you
are a fellow C-12 pilot. Dont leave the Army W/O the
BE-200 type rating. Dont tell me you cant because of the
12,500 thing. We fly the BE-200 @14,00lbs. There IS
a type rating for the plane. The civilian BE-200 ( I
believe) is called the "cat-pass", someone correct
me if I am wrong.

1900cpt had a good point, get a Citation or lear type. Alot of people using them

Good luck

Got the BE 200 Type on the 14,000#.
Thought the GI Bill might help me pick up some part time work, that might lead into full time.
Saw the C12T3, how long have you been out of the Army? Must have been an OSAA assignment.
Thanks

Still in. Guard bum waiting for SWA start date. Hopefully in May time frame. Glad to hear about the type. Believe it or not, that will save you some trouble down the road. What part of the world do you want to work in? ie: home area? Research the corp. depts around the area, find out what the most popular plane is, then consider getting a type in that one.

Just food for thought

Latest resources

Back