• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

CoopDog

SWA Pool Dog Paddler
Hey SWA dudes,

With the Wright Amendment in place, what are the options in getting to class on SWA? Do they "must ride" you all the way, even if it takes you 3 or 4 legs from your closest SWA city?

Secondly, any clue how one would figure out the best way to determine a schedule to get there from RDU? (other than just hit or miss on Southwest.com) Also, any chance RDU could be a 2 legger to the Big D?

Thirdly, if you got there on your own, but say a day early, would SWA have a room for ya? (assuming house-keeping got it done) Or are you on your own nickle for that night? It's just a little risky to try and non-rev as a furloughee the day before.

Thanks in advance for any input from the usual credible sources. Looking forward to getting there soon!

Coop;)

ps- didn't want to start another thread guessing WHEN we'd get there, but I did want to see one on HOW we get there. Positive vibes baby.....positive vibes. ;) :) ;)

No luck on the "2 legger" out of RDU but as soon as the Non-Stop service starts to DFW or the Wright Amendment goes away you will be golden. As for now you will be best served by going RDU-BNA-HOU-DAL. No answers for your other questions. Sorry.

Try www.ifly737.com . If I recall we used to have a "Wright Amendment schedule" on there that you could download. In any case, from RDU it will probably be an all day affair to get to DAL. Pack a lunch. Good luck!

Pretty sure they must-ride you & your spouse in (and her home again after the first 2 days of class), and I think they'll pick the route that makes the most sense for you. They have an in-house (i.e. not a public "published" schedule -- only available on the IN-HOUSE ifly737.com website, not the public one) product that shows the quickest flights from any city to DAL. I think they bring you in the day before class starts; as for arriving before that, negotiate that with them & ask about the state of the rules when that time comes (worst case, you'd probably pay the discounted SWA employee rate at the hotel for the one night). If you're thinking about driving, I recommend that -- having a car is nice for the weekends & taking a sanity break for an hour or three. Other questions?

Cheers!

Latest resources

Back