getting out

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Papps

just wondering if anyone has any success stories about getting out of this "career".if so what are you doing now?

Crap no ones made it out, great......well I will be 60 years old in 2040. everything will be ok.....60=2040........My get out of aviation equation is flawless.

I made it out. Granted, I was only 25 at the time; but I left a good job at a regional, and good prospects to someday make it to a major (FedEx, etc) to pursue medicine. I will be starting medical school in the fall. So it is possible. I would get out now if you can see your way clear to any other career. Sad watching the profession crumble.

Easyyyy there buddy, im a dude. Lonely pilots with imagination.....kinda freaks me out.

I got out after my third job in 5 years, stayed out 5 years, running my own business, enjoyable but lots of headaches, did not make much money. Missed being around airplanes, airports and pilots so I came back. Never looked back again.

I made it out.

I gave up a glamorous career flying C207s in the wilds of Alaska to work as a front desk clerk.

I made it out. And then I wanted back in.

Good luck.

60 in 2040. Good grief.

You could get out, get back in and then get out again. Whatever. Just be happy for crying out loud.

Papps said:
Easyyyy there buddy, im a dude. Lonely pilots with imagination.....kinda freaks me out.

You don't think you could make any money doing this?

I spent several years in aviation management. I thoroughly enjoyed everything I did. I loved airplanes. I learned to fly and eventually got tired of the negativity of the a lot of people in the industry (esp. mechanics and on demand 135 guys). The company I worked for was showing signs of belly flopping and I got the heck out. I started my own business and made a lot of money in the mean time outside of airplanes. Only several months after I "got out" I caught myself looking up at every noise I heard. I had to get back and I did. Will have CFI in less than a month. My point is that no matter how disgusted you get, you will always come back if it is your first love. It's my first love. Enjoy flying. A long day flying checks is better than a short day in a cubicle. Trust me. I've been there. For most of us, it is in our blood.

Latest resources

Back