• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Re: Tis a good thing

Clownpilot said:
No problem here at all.

In fact, this will be a tremendous boost to his career.
Just tell your friend to forge up a pilots license, SWA ID card, 737 type rating and all Southwest Airlines employment forms. Oh yeah, he also needs to forge up a set of new finger prints if he wants to get past the TSA. I saw some neat stickon ones in the last Mission Impossible movie.

Then, walk into Southwests personnel dept, turn in the forms, and a couple days later............bam he's a 737 FO working for the fastest growing major airline.

That forgery thing could really pay off if he uses it right.

I wouldn't go through all that trouble to work for Southwest !!

JetSpeed219 said:
I believe the felony was forgery in the 1st degree, evidentally he tried cashing a forged check at one of those cash and go type places. And no it wasn't me, he is my best friend and wants get into flying very badly.

I believe Forgery is a disqualifying offense to pass the FBI background checks.... Which would prohibit him from ever getting SIDA access.

I have to say this every four or five months ... this is straight from a Federal Attorney's office, and does not apply merely to certain states ... it applies to every state ... here we go again ...

You cannot, I repeat ... you cannot ... get a felony conviction 'expunged' from your record. I don't give two flying $hit$ if you were pardoned by the Pope. If you have ever been convicted of a felony, and you are over the age of eighteen ... it will remain in your Federal records until you die. Any US airline conducting background checks WILL find a felony conviction ... PERIOD!

Someone is going to get their ass burned one day from this particularly bad piece of advice.

Bobby ... you were a paralegal ... you should know this.

Thank you ...

Minh

Expunging a rap sheet

Snakum said:
Someone is going to get their ass burned one day from this particularly bad piece of advice.

Bobby ... you were a paralegal ... you should know this.
I still am a paralegal. I do not work in criminal law. I'll take it on your word, but I have heard of convictions vanishing if a person meets certain conditions.

It never hurts to ask, especially if the person asks his attorney.

Twelve Five rule

He'll never fly aircraft 12.5 Fed Code 1542.209 section (d.) paragraph (26. (v.) Felony involving dishonesty, fraud or misrepresentation. Same goes for Part 135 carriers in Ce402. No joy.

He'll he can't even drive hazmat over the road.

Re: Twelve Five rule

aeronautic1 said:
He'll never fly aircraft 12.5 Fed Code 1542.209 section (d.) paragraph (26. (v.) Felony involving dishonesty, fraud or misrepresentation. Same goes for Part 135 carriers in Ce402. No joy.

He'll he can't even drive hazmat over the road.

Hmm, that TSA reg says for 10 years before the date of the application. It's a long time, but it ain't never.

Hugh,

I like that quote, " But pain is temporary. Quitting is forever." I have a few "friends" with skeletons in there closet when it comes to driving and the law. But he was able to get accepted to OCS and get his commision before he got injured. Great quote.

I'd love to take credit for that great quote, but it's not mine. I'm pretty sure Lance Armstrong gets the credit for that one.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back