Getting hired by AirTran?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

ICU

Does any body have any insider info into getting hired at AirTran?
I have 3 good recommendation letters, 400plus hours, 1000 121 jet PIC. no violations and my applications been in for some two months now, I getting concerned because my airlines about to turn into a big dark hole?

Any real help would be appreciated

ICU

Last edited:
ICU,

Go to one of the Air Inc Job fairs... I sent hundreds of resumes to AT over the last 3 years, had AT pilots walk them in, and nothing. Went to a job fair and talked to them and was called for an interview about 3-4 weeks later.....

Good luck!

2 months?? Are you kidding me? It took me 6 years to get a call from FedEx.

Good gouge for all of you guys trying to get on with another airline. Get your stuff out there ASAP!! After you finish your IOE with a 121 operator or whatever you are flying I would start applying. Who cares if you are not qualified. It shows you are interested and have been for a LONG time.

Good luck to all of you!!

Last edited:
FedExFlyer,

HUH? Where did you see 2 months and BE1900 f/o in any of the above posts? You may have responded to the wrong thread...

TV9...ICU said his app has been in for two months. And I think, though I could be wrong, that he was using the BE1900 f/o as as example of one, though not currently qualified, that should get the app in and keep updating it. I don't think he was saying ICU was a BE1900 dude.

Walden & TY-

Yes --- You are both correct. I took out the B-1900 reference since it may have been taken out of context. I guess 2/3 can't be wrong.

I was just saying for all of you guys who are flying right seat in anything to put your stuff in with the big guys right away and update, update, update!!!

Ty,

Here there, old man. I see you've gone from rock icons (Zappa) to country "stars" in your avatars. I'm very disappointed in you....:p

Get with it, man...:cool:

flx757 said:
Ty,

Here there, old man. I see you've gone from rock icons (Zappa) to country "stars" in your avatars. I'm very disappointed in you....:p

Get with it, man...:cool:

Dwight is a (dark) icon in his own right. He was the "bad boy" that no one in Nashvegas would play. . . . give a listen to "Streets of Bakersfield" or "Honkey-tonk Man". . . .

How about Hank, Jr.? Cool enough? Can I get a ruling, here?

Well, I even was gonna give a nod of appreciation to Dwight in my previous post, but thought it would defeat the purpose. I would take him over Hank, Jr., though.

But still....;)

I'm just sayin'.

(I gotta be careful. FL717 might pop up with a photo of Rob Halford as his avatar...:rolleyes: :p )

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back