• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Get Some Of This RAH!!!!!!!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Seriously think about it folks. The type of passengers Citrus attract/bring to the market are not the same as the Midwest passengers. Lets call it like it is, mullets, wife b's and tattoos. I like to think of it this way, because Walmart opens a store on the same block as Target doesn't mean that Target will go out of business.

Well, the word's out that Midwest Airlines now exists as a brand name only. You can't swap out the kind of service MidEx provided to its loyal customers for Republic's standard of care and expect them not to notice. BB himself exposed his cluelessness on this topic not long ago with his "MKE and Cookies" interview.

For those bashing AAI and its clientele, their business seats were Recaro, too, and it was comparable to the Signature ones. Do the 190s have Signature seats?

Although that Recaro seat may be nice the question is does the Recaro Signature type customer want to hang out in Walmart to get it. RAH can add a "Recaro" signature seat to a 190 no prob. They can also train the F.A.s to a standard. AirTran can not stop being a Walmart.

Seriously think about it folks. The type of passengers Citrus attract/bring to the market are not the same as the Midwest passengers. Lets call it like it is, mullets, wife b's and tattoos. I like to think of it this way, because Walmart opens a store on the same block as Target doesn't mean that Target will go out of business.

The problem here is that "Midwest" is no longer Midwest.(not even, close) It's Republic. How does Republic go up against Airtran.

It's like comparing Kmart and Walmart.

The problem here is that "Midwest" is no longer Midwest.(not even, close) It's Republic. How does Republic go up against Airtran.

It's like comparing Kmart and Walmart.

The Midwest passenger doesnt care perse of the color of the paint or the name. What they care about is the quality of service. AirTran and Midwest have two very different products. Would it sound better if we say our Frontier product will be going head to head with Air Tran? The Midwest product will concentrate more on the business traveler. Yes we have a ways to go to be at the MidWest level of service (Think Nordstrom's)but we will try our best to get to that level, pending we can get a ROI.

So you do agree that AirTran is more like Walmart. Thanks

Last edited:
You'd probably have to fly for free to make branded work D#CK HEAD. Enjoy the Midwest E190 while it lasts.

I hate to break it to you, but if this epic turd is legitimately bagging you, you suck on a Mesa scale.

Although that Recaro seat may be nice the question is does the Recaro Signature type customer want to hang out in Walmart to get it. RAH can add a "Recaro" signature seat to a 190 no prob. They can also train the F.A.s to a standard. AirTran can not stop being a Walmart.
Call them what you may, Walmart or Airtran....they will crush your little experiment in MKE.

It will be fun to see your faces whan the regional contracts are up......

Question:
What do you do to the hand that feeds you?
1.Bite it
2.Don't bite it

We all know what you guys did

The Midwest passenger doesnt care perse of the color of the paint or the name. What they care about is the quality of service. AirTran and Midwest have two very different products. Would it sound better if we say our Frontier product will be going head to head with Air Tran? The Midwest product will concentrate more on the business traveler. Yes we have a ways to go to be at the MidWest level of service (Think Nordstrom's)but we will try our best to get to that level, pending we can get a ROI.

So you do agree that AirTran is more like Walmart. Thanks

Dude, you have no idea what your talking about. True story: My sister (a doctor, no mullet or wife beater) has been a FF at MidWest for 10 yrs. She just used her last few miles over Xmas and is now flying only Airtran (and a little Delta/NW). When I asked her why, she said "Midwest just isn't what it used to be" When I told her what Midwest now IS, she was actually relieved as she was a HUGE fan of the REAL MidWest. I was going to tell her not to fly Midwest but she had made that decision based on the NEW MidWest's crap product.

I think there is a lot more of this going on then BB had planned on and that the NEW MidWest will have a short life span in MKE.

BTW, I don't work for Airtran.

Last edited:
Wonder how much the skywest codeshare might have in airtran's plan to take on republic. Such as 717/737s vs the airbus and 190 and the crjs vs erjs

Latest resources

Back