Get outta my seat! Airtran hiring!!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Xfr8dog

In an effort to create more movement at the CARGO level, I respectfully submit the following:

Company Name: AirTran Airways Position: First Officer 12/18/2003
Description: Minimum Qualifications:
* Fixed wing flight time - 2500 hours
* Multi-engine, fixed wing flight time - 1000 hours
* 121 PIC or military equivalent - 500 hours
* An ATP certificate, or successful completion of the ATP written
exam
* Current First Class Medical certificate
* Valid passport
* Legally eligible for employment in the United States
* Free of felony convictions within the most recent 10 years

TO APPLY: Please visit AirTran web site for the latest
updates on job openings. You may email your resume to
[email protected]
Address:
AirTran Airways
Department INT
1688 Phoenix Parkway
Suite 1704
College Park, GA 30349
USA
Telephone: 1-888-833-6706
Direct Link: www.airtran.com/aboutus/employ/pilot.jsp

Xfr8dog said:
* 121 PIC or military equivalent - 500 hours
That is the kicker. In all likely hood the person holding the position you and I want cannot meet that requirement. From what I have heard there plenty of guys with tons more time than what is required that cannot get an interview.
This waiting game sucks, been doing 135 single pilot for almost 2 1/2 years now. Dont get me wrong I would rather do what I am doing than sit at a desk, but I never thought that I would have to wait this long.
usc

How about these

Full-Time: Variable days and hours with 100% travel
Location: Crew Bases (To Be Assigned); RELOCATION IS REQUIRED!

Currently our minimum qualifications are:
2500 hours pilot time, airplane, which includes
500 hours pilot time, multi-engine, airplane
ATP rating
First Class FAA Medical
Radio Telephone Operator's Permit

That's straight off of ATA's site. I hear Turbine Time is huge plus. (Been flying the van at all there USC?) But hey, they're minimums..... My school of thought is if you meet the mins, you should apply.

More can be found on their site.

AirTran Hiring but...

The only thing missing from the AirTran qualifications are 2 lunar landings, 4 shuttle missions or equivalent!

IPO76-

Even though the website states that relocation is necessary, believe me, it isn't. This has been discussed before. They may state in the interview that it is recommended that you move to your base to make things easier but you are not forced to. Heck, even the MDW CP commutes to work.

sayagain?

Re: How about these

IP076 said:
That's straight off of ATA's site. I hear Turbine Time is huge plus. (Been flying the van at all there USC?) But hey, they're minimums..... My school of thought is if you meet the mins, you should apply.

More can be found on their site.
Hey I agree that if you meet mins then apply. What is the worst they can say? I have no doubt that the people ahead of me that hold the positions that I covet (lear PIC/SIC) are indeed applying to Aritran, SWA, and so on. It is just that competitive mins are much higher, and the market place is flooded with over qualified pilots.
No van time, thank God I have enough 152 time thankyou very much.:D
usc

Airtran?

Yea, they may be hiring and converting thier fleet but if you look at there balance sheets they are the next to go if the economy takes any kind of dive. This is just comming from a buisness point of view, aviation wise its a great place to go, I guess for now if they stay afloat.

So I say all you 121 and more expericed guys/gals jump on over. I'll be trying the REAL SHADY company of SWA.:D

only 2 cents thats all,
SD

Re: Re: Get outta my seat! Airtran hiring!!

uscpilot said:
That is the kicker. In all likely hood the person holding the position you and I want cannot meet that requirement.

Not true! I'm sure most of our DC-9 Capts. meet those requirements... and if they leave that means a Falcon Capt upgrades which means I finally get to move over!

Re: Airtran?

SquirrelDog said:
Yea, they may be hiring and converting thier fleet but if you look at there balance sheets they are the next to go if the economy takes any kind of dive.
SD

This is not meant to start any flame war, and I am not an AirTran pilot, but I am curious about this statement. What kind of "dive" has the economy been in during the last two years when AirTran was making a profit?

I don't doubt that they are highly leveraged, and carry a substantial debt load, but without naming them, there are several airlines that are in a far more precarious position than AirTran, so I doubt they will be the "next to go".

i was at the AIR, Inc. seminar in D.C. in september, and Airtran was there talking to all the mostly military guys flying P-3's....anyways, she said that forget posted, competitive is 5,000 TT, 2500 multi, 1000 turbine pic....and prior 121...so..not sure what 135 freight would do for u there..

Latest resources

Back