• This site moved from forums.flightinfo.com to flightinfo.com. Please update your bookmarks.

Geraldo Rivera, Aviation Expert

enigma

good ol boy
Joined
Nov 26, 2001
Posts
2,279
Total Time
>1500
Geraldo just announced at 21:16EDT, that an Iberia 747 experienced an engine fire over that Atlantic.

He stated, " they FEATHERED the engine and returned to JFK"

Do those talking heads ever think about what they are reading?

I actually thought we was somewhat intelligent. Oh well.

8N
 

Beantown

Ex Chicken
Joined
Nov 26, 2001
Posts
564
Total Time
5000+
You thought Geraldo Rivera was smart. Is your last name Rivera?
-Bean
 

PilotOnTheRise

Well-known member
Joined
Jun 13, 2002
Posts
215
Total Time
80
That is what I can't stand about the media. They have so called "aviation experts" who know nothing about aviation. In my opinion the media does nothing but hurt aviation.
 

Jetsnake

Black Pearl Captain
Joined
Dec 5, 2001
Posts
116
Total Time
5500+
I even thought this one was better.
A Pitts made a emergergy landing in
a field in north Milwaukee earlier this
summer.

The Milwaukee Journal reported that
"A single engine plane crash landed
after it lost one of its two engines shortly
after takeoff."

I think MEDIA stands for

M indless
E xcursion
D iving
I nto
A ccidents

Jetsnake
 

nosewheel

Well-known member
Joined
Jul 28, 2002
Posts
291
Total Time
11000+
747 feathered engine

Maybe he was talking about... a Bird Strike???
 

ShawnC

Skirts Will Rise
Joined
Jan 17, 2002
Posts
1,481
Total Time
-5Z
Jetsnake said:
I even thought this one was better.
A Pitts made a emergergy landing in
a field in north Milwaukee earlier this
summer.

The Milwaukee Journal reported that
"A single engine plane crash landed
after it lost one of its two engines shortly
after takeoff."

I think MEDIA stands for

M indless
E xcursion
D iving
I nto
A ccidents

Jetsnake
A twin engined Pitts, now that is something that I would like to see. I mean on the Pitts there is barely enough room for an engine and a person let alone another engine.

The media is just plane stupid.
 

Eagleflip

Well-known member
Joined
Nov 25, 2001
Posts
794
Total Time
5000+
Actually, I saw that jet today in NY. Tthe Captain I flew with had flown that particular 747 for Iberia (the tail id was DGP, I think) and wondered outloud why the aircraft was still on the ramp at Kennedy. He soon spoke to a friend about this now-lonely jet sulking on the outer tarmac near Terminal 5 at JFK, who confirmed that the 747 experienced an inflight engine fire and returned to JFK, only to disgorge numerous passengers onto the runway during an emergency evac. Yeow! No word on other specifics or injuries. I'm just glad no one (apparently) was injured in the process.

When I saw it this am, the #2 cowling was off and several maintainers were working on it, doubtless scratching their heads, mopping sweaty brows and generally working miracles, as usual.

And no sign of feathers, feathering, or any such avian nonsense.
 

aggiepilot87

Well-known member
Joined
Nov 26, 2001
Posts
120
Total Time
-
Eagleflip said:
during an emergency evac. Yeow! No word on other specifics or injuries. I'm just glad no one (apparently) was injured in the process.
I heard a radio report (didn't listen that closely, but it sounds like the same incident) that said one man had serious head injuries from the evacuation.
 

Yeti

Active member
Joined
Dec 6, 2001
Posts
26
Total Time
...
PilotOnTheRise said:
That is what I can't stand about the media. They have so called "aviation experts" who know nothing about aviation. In my opinion the media does nothing but hurt aviation.
Thankfully there is some intelligence out there -- like John Nance at ABC.
 
Top