• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

General Virgin America questions

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Yes your aren't the smartest tool. Did you read my post, I wasn't asking what a scab is or what a scab means, I was asking a question. A pilot I know said he was informed that commuting from PDX would be hard because UAL and another carrier was not accepting VA J/S because they think of them as scabs. I'm just asking if any VA pilots have heard of this. BTW..read the f&$king posts before you respond tool!!

Well Brainiac, since you already knew what a scab was, then you knew that ALPA wouldn't deny jumpseats to Virgin crews because they aren't scabs. And knowing this you would be smart enough to answer your own question and not have to post it in this forum. :beer:

And this is why I asked the question...All you had to say was no, not write a disertation of what a scab was, thank you...

Touchy touchy. lol I am just jabbin' with ya a bit.

There is only 1 capt that I know of ANYWHERE that refuses rides to Virgins. That's **** at Alaska. In fact he proposed a resolution to recind our reciprical js agreement. It was voted down with only 1 or 2 yay votes. I have had "0" issues riding on Frontier, UAL, NWA, or AA

Last edited by a moderator:
Speaking of smarts...

Yes your aren't the smartest tool. Did you read my post, I wasn't asking what a scab is or what a scab means, I was asking a question. A pilot I know said he was informed that commuting from PDX would be hard because UAL and another carrier was not accepting VA J/S because they think of them as scabs. I'm just asking if any VA pilots have heard of this. I wish guys on this forum would RTFQ before they spat off there mouth's. :smash:

Speaking of smarts, check your grammar, tough guy:

"your"...should be "you"
"Did you read my post..."...run-on; should be a question followed by a sentence
"and another carrier was"...should be "were"
"mouth's"...should be mouths...mouth doesn't own anything

Your local junior college is probably running a special on English class for fall...maybe a free steak for you upon enrollment? No, that won't count as checking the college box, but you could learn something you should have learned decades ago.

Not to change the subject..BUT...I've heard that UAL and CAL won't give VA jumpseats because they think of them as scabs bringing down pay rates for A320 drivers...I have to assume this is NOT true, but with ALPA carriers you can never tell. Has any VA pilots noticed this???

I rode UAL last week and had no trouble. In fact, it was one of my best jumpseating experiences offline EVER! Everyone from the gate agent to the Captain, to the flight attendants were amazing. Thanks again for the ride! I have not experienced CAL, and I think we only recently gained a reciprocal jumpseat agreement. AFAIK there was only one issue with Virgin America crews and jumpseats, and I'm sure you'll be able to find threads about it on this forum.

I rode home on us yesterday, and there was a United guy going with. Matter of fact, I see a lot of UAL people on our jumpseat, so I think it's a great relationship thus far. Hope that helps!

I rode UAL last week and had no trouble. In fact, it was one of my best jumpseating experiences offline EVER! Everyone from the gate agent to the Captain, to the flight attendants were amazing. Thanks again for the ride! I have not experienced CAL, and I think we only recently gained a reciprocal jumpseat agreement. AFAIK there was only one issue with Virgin America crews and jumpseats, and I'm sure you'll be able to find threads about it on this forum.

I rode home on us yesterday, and there was a United guy going with. Matter of fact, I see a lot of UAL people on our jumpseat, so I think it's a great relationship thus far. Hope that helps!

Thx Q400 this is the exact info I was looking for. I'll pass this on to my buddy. Thanks again for being mature enough to answer my post. ;)

Oops, should I have capitalized buddy, Laboule? Is oops even a word? Why yes it is. It's an (not a) interjection!

Last edited:
Speaking of smarts, check your grammar, tough guy:

"your"...should be "you"
"Did you read my post..."...run-on; should be a question followed by a sentence
"and another carrier was"...should be "were"
"mouth's"...should be mouths...mouth doesn't own anything

Your local junior college is probably running a special on English class for fall...maybe a free steak for you upon enrollment? No, that won't count as checking the college box, but you could learn something you should have learned decades ago.

Ha Ha......l'm convinced the grammer guys on this forum truely have no life. Was I talking to you wonder nut?....Didn't think so....

Touchy touchy. lol I am just jabbin' with ya a bit.

There is only 1 capt that I know of ANYWHERE that refuses rides to Virgins. That's ******* at Alaska. In fact he proposed a resolution to recind our reciprical js agreement. It was voted down with only 1 or 2 yay votes. I have had "0" issues riding on Frontier, UAL, NWA, or AA

Thank you, this is all the info I was seeking. ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
No, you should not capitalize "buddy."

Also..."truely" should be "truly."
"life"...should be "lives."

It appears you still haven't started class. The steak is waiting for you.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back