General Lee and Delta adds direct service from Memphis to Amarillo

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

bluesideup1

Delta Air Lines Inc. has added new service between its Memphis hub and Amarillo, Texas and Evansville, Ind.
Toronto also returns as a destination with two daily frequencies.
The addition of Amarillo increases the total number of unique Texas destinations served from Memphis to four, including service to Dallas’ Love Field, Lubbock and McAllen.
“Operationally our Memphis hub has been one of our highest performing hubs and with the overwhelming community support it is perfectly positioned for this additional service,” Glen Hauenstein, Delta’s executive vice president of network planning and revenue management, said in a statement.
Delta (NYSE: DAL) will offer new daily service between Memphis and Evansville through a 50-seat Bombardier CRJ-200 effective April 6. Delta’s new daily service between Amarillo and Memphis will be served with a 50-seat Bombardier CRJ-200 effective June 10.
Delta is offering introductory fares to and from Amarillo as low as $99 each way with a required round trip purchase and a Saturday night stay.
The addition of Delta's Toronto flights comes less than a month after Air Canada announced it was adding a twice-daily flight between the Bluff City and Toronto. Air Canada will begin flying the routes May 17.
Atlanta-based Delta operates a hub at Memphis International Airport.

Does kinda make me chuckle.

He'll be here shortly to point out it's not Delta 'cause it's an RJ and I'll remind him hit says Delta on the tail and flown by pilots not on the Delta seniority list.

Gup

He'll be here shortly to point out it's not Delta 'cause it's an RJ and I'll remind him hit says Delta on the tail and flown by pilots not on the Delta seniority list.

Gup

Don't forget to tell him that this is going to be a 50 seat route.

Why yes, DL is starting the service via an RJ, with NO direct head to head competition from MEM. I have stated many times that RJs can do OK if they don't go up against a 717 or 737, and I don't mind them bringing feed to MEM or ATL for mainline flights. Our current problem is that they compete way too much against LCCs with bigger planes.

Also, if they are now flying them to places like AMA and LBB, they must be on the way out shortly. They are running out of cities to put them on, and now they are just throwing darts at a map, hoping something will stick. I hope it works.....They tried Corpus Cristi too from ATL, and I don't think that stuck around very long..... Maybe it will take some people away from SWA from those cities, which is a good thing I guess.

Bye Bye--General Lee

Last edited:

Gup

Wow, I couldn't figure that out. Luckily, I won't have to go to any of those cities, while you will. Enjoy it.

Bye Bye--General Lee

Wow, I couldn't figure that out. Luckily, I won't have to go to any of those cities, while you will. Enjoy it.

Bye Bye--General Lee

You gotta upgrade someday and last time I looked the MadDog flies to most of the places you dump on.

Gup

Latest resources

Back