General Aviation Airports South Florida

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

DIRT

There is a very good chance I will be relocating with my company in a few months to Fort Lauderdale. I would like to find out what in the way of small general aviation airports there are in the area. My preference would be somewhere small, untowered with some hangar space.... preferably T-Hangars but I suspect that since the hurricanes came thru hangar space is going to be at a premium. I don't mind driving a bit out of the city to go flying but I have one rag aircraft that must be hangared but I would prefer to hangar both of them at least in a T-Hangar.
Also, any suggestions on a descent communities in and around FLL?

Dirt

FXE is a great airport, lots of hangar space, very GA oriented. Used to be really loose but they have tightened up since 911, and since the Haitians drove down the runway looking for Lynx air at 0400 in the morning.

I second NorthPerry, I used to own / manage a small fbo there. I have recently heard of new hangers being built on the north side, fuel would probably be more cheaper, I would stay away from fxe, place is like a zoo at some peak times, too much biz jet v. ga flight school aircraft, in addition to practice approaches. I still fly a lance out of N.Perry every once in a while. you can also pm me for additional info.

Latest resources

Back