• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

General Atomics UAV Pilot

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Airscan, inc., was founded on the use of the 0-2 (337), but the company has never limited itself.

Airscan has worked for numerous entities, including, but not limited to Occidental Petroleum Company, National Test Pilot School, US Forest Service, Department of Interior, NASA (range protection and control), and others.

Operations for various foriegn oil interests have included work for the government, and the companies themselves. Surveillance, Command, and Control operations are typical Airscan functions, including various direct and indirect support roles. The company has spent considerable time in Africa, Central America, South America, Europe, and other locations.

AirScan is one of numerous contracting companies that provide outsourced services to accomplish various aims for different companies, agencies, etc. Just one of a long list.

That's a very comprehensive summary of what you found on the internet. The reason you couldn't find any references to them operating a C-208 is because it never happened.

I sent in my resume like a year ago, haven't heard much. I applied with a different company and was talking to them a lot but they lost their contract...

That's a very comprehensive summary of what you found on the internet.

No, it's a very brief, truncated summary, minus comprehensive information I elected not to post.

Based on what you've posted thus far concerning the subject matter, I'd say whatever information you "elected not to post" would have been either incorrect or irrelevant.

Got a phone interview with them coming up. Anyone else have any more details? Sounds like a pretty intriguing position.

Sorry to try and bring this back on topic...but more information on GENERAL ATOMICS would be appreciated!!!!! :beer:

This is a civilian position supporting a DoD contract. You will NOT be able to log this time, mainly because the FAA doesn't recognize UAV's as a typical aircraft, more of an experimental aircraft.
YOU WILL Deploy to glory spots all over the world, well, actually only one part of the world, lots of sand, NOT a beachfront property. You will make good money, but, you will not be home. I don't recommend this if you are married.

Latest resources

Back