• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Gen Welsh Speech

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Saw this a while back, one of the best speeches by a senior officer I've heard in a while. He also seems to be very much in tune with the things driving junior officers out too.

That said, those unirforms he and Gen S wore to their change of command.... WTF was that?!?!

One of the better speeches I've heard/seen. But really, tell me what we already don't know. How many times can one say "you'd better be ready". It was a good speech for the cadets, however it won't take long for them to realize that we are all just pawns in the mess that the politicians and the rich created. In the end, we serve and fight for our buddies and fellow airmen.

One of the better speeches I've heard/seen. But really, tell me what we already don't know. How many times can one say "you'd better be ready". It was a good speech for the cadets, however it won't take long for them to realize that we are all just pawns in the mess that the politicians and the rich created. In the end, we serve and fight for our buddies and fellow airmen.

I think the message was apply yourself and strive towards being a leader to your young officers and enlisted. Leadership traits he is emphasizing are sorely lacking in many career fields. The kind of leadership he espouses unfortunately comes from the top down and too many climbing the ladder are more worried about themselves and their career than leading. They are miserable human beings and until somebody changes our self-serving system, we will never change.

I'm a civilian and I can't think of a better way to have spent the last hour.

Great speech.

Latest resources

Back