Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

fokkers&beer

The dude abides.
Anyone have new stuff on Gemini and the interview. Looked at old threads, and will fly for food. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Hope this help

Gemini Air Cargo

Date Interviewed: July, 2005

Summary of qualifications: ATP, 3 type ratings, 6,000 hours. few thousand hours of it 121 Cargo PIC.

Where you offered the job? Yes

Pilot Interview Profile:

Got to interview early, did'nt seem to matter much they were busy in the office. I then met with 2 HR people. They just seemed to want to explain things, and make sure my apps were all filled out correctly. The second HR lady explained benefits, and brought me to a conference room.
The conference room is where I met the CP, DO, and Chief FE. They were pretty casual, and just asked questions on what I wanted, some of my experience, and do I think I would be a good fit.
After the HR portion, they give you the test. Its easy and open book, just be sure not to circle your answers. It says do not circle, and like an idiot I circled my first answer. I think it was just nerves.
I did'nt even finish the test, and they came in and offered me the job, and sent me for a drug screen.
Just like that, hired.

Date Interviewed: June 2005

Summary of qualifications: ATP,5,000 hrs, 1,500 Turbine PIC, Part 121 Cargo, 200 Turbine Jet, Glass/FMS experience

Pilot Interview Profile:

I was about 30 minutes early for the interview initially. I showed up and was given a very warm reception by management. I had all my paperwork previously filled-out and copies of my passport,licenses, medical, ten year work history, ect...My logbooks were taken to the Chief Pilot for review upon request from HR. I spent about an hour with HR going over company benefits and expectaitons. After that I was taken down to a conference room where I met with the Chief Pilot and another line Captain. A very easy-going attitude and straight forward interview with them. It helps to know about what Gemini does and where the company is headed. They want to know you're serious about working there long-term. A lot of questions about international experience and mountainous flying, what types of FMS have you used, ect? I was given a 50 question systems test on the DC-10 but they allowed me to use the flight manual to reference many of the questions. I think they're checking to see if you have the ability to find information when under pressure. After meeting with them I met with the D.O. A very nice and professional person who is trying to get a feel for where you're at and where you're headed with your career. Basically, they want to hire long-term employee's who they can count on. This company is really on the move! A new ALPA carrier, picking up more and more contracts, I'm excited about starting with them and hope I can add to their continued success!

Date Interviewed: Nov-10-04

Summary of qualifications: ATP, 4300TT/ 1350TurbinePIC 121

Pilot Interview Profile:

Faxed my resume and got the call for interview a couple of days later.

Interview is in IAD. Start the interview at 10AM with HR lady for about 1 hour, she asked a few questions and we went over my paper work. At the same time she is with you, she will take your logbooks to the DO and CP. After she will take you over to the DO's office where I was interviewed by him, the CP and another Checkairman. A few tech. questions but most of the questions were "tell me about a time..., tell me about you..., how would you react to... I guess they want to see how you would fit in, what could you bring to the company, would they go on the road with you for 18 days...After the interview is done you get your finger prints done and they'll send you over for the drug test. Finished at about 3PM.

Looks like a real good company to work for and very nice people. They will try to make you at ease during the process.

Date Interviewed: September 2004

Summary of qualifications: ATP 4000hrs. part 121 experience

Pilot Interview Profile:

I had a walk through which I think is the big reason I got the call and subsequently the job. The CPO's office calls and does a pre-interview and then you get an invitation to the regular interview at GAC HQ at IAD. Company seems to be growing and they are recalling jets out of the desert and looking to buy more planes. You first interview with the HR lady, very laid back, then onto the DO. This is where the real meat of the interview is you get the standard HR questions. Tell us about yourself. Have you had any problems in the cockpit. What do you think of Gemini. What type of flying have you done. Do you think you will be well suited for Cargo type flying. Etc.. Etc...

The thing is I don't think they hired anybody without a walkthrough. They are only hiring about 12-16 pilots this year, so they can afford to be very picky. They do expect another hiring boom later this year. For that make sure your paperwork is done, especially the pria and 10 year background check.

I got hired home based, with my pilot domicile out of MIA on the DC10. Not bad pay for the first year, but it really goes up the second year. A new Alpa carrier. I think this will become a great place to work

5-99

Interviewed in May 1999. Interview takes place at Gemini Headquarters
at Dulles International airport. After checking in with the
receptionist, was lead to a available room where loads of paperwork
needed to be filled out. Bring all records pertaining to checkride
dates, CRM training courses, drug screening test dates etc. After
filling out the paperwork, was lead to an board room where an interview
takes place with 5 other members, consisting mostly of pilots with a few
management personnel thrown in. The vast majority of questions were
scenario based, such as:

-What would you do if a Captain appeared to be intoxicated after showing
up on the aircraft?
-What would you do if a Captain wanted to depart with an item that could
not be deferred?
-What would you do if you were walking by the hotel lounge and saw your
Captain in the bar 8 hours 5 minutes prior to
duty-in and he was ordering another round of drinks?
-What would you say to a Captain that was not fully configured for an
approach?
-How did you handle flying with a Captain you didn't like?

Many other questions were:

-How do feel about being on a 15 day trip?
-What attracts you to Gemini?
-Where will you live while employed at Gemini?
-Is there any policy at your current company in which you are not
pleased with?
-Why do you want to leave your current company?
-What would you do after being hired at Gemini, and 8 months later,
Delta gives you a class date?
-Tell us about your toughest checkride.

It appears to me that Gemini is looking for a person who is going to
stay a their a long time. A friend of mine was currently hired at
Gemini and he was the ONLY civilian in the new hire class. The vast
majority of new hires are former KC-10 drivers in their late 30's to
early 40's.

6-15-99

Not sure if this will help. Had a non-typical interview with them.

However had a fair amount of paperwork. Bring passport and licenses and
logbook. Flight time block on application was a monster to me. Divided
up in ways that my log book wasn't. But, I got the impression that it
was not critcal to be to the nearest hour. They did not look at my
logs.

Interview turned out for me to be about an hour BS session with two
check airmen. No technical questions. One had flown an aircraft I had
flown, we both enjoyed our time in it. Questions were aimed at seeing
if I was going to stay for a while. Flexible. Wanted to do their type
of flying. Very friendly. Nice guys.

After interview was very excited about them. Still am and am looking
forward to starting GS on Friday. Looks as if the flying and the
aircraft will be fun and it seems as if Gemini offers a growing company
with a pretty quick up-grade.

I have well over 10000 hours, with over with 2000 hours pic in a jet and
more time than I care to think about in turbo-props. Almost all
commuter time, part 135 and part 121. I did have one incident in my
past, no violation but part of a NTSB investigation and was away from
flying for for over a year. Company closed and a few other things
including a long trip that turned out to be a plus in the interview.

I understand that the more typical interview includes technical
questions and they do want to get a feel for you staying around for a
while.

Take June and July interview reviews to the bank.

There is a group of 8 new-hires going through right now. 6 DC10 F/Os, 2 MD11 F/Os.

I know they have been interviewing for a September class.

At least two more classes this year.

Last edited:
ATR-DRIVR said:
Fog,

What is the outlook for more planes? Can't wait to come aboard!

Man I wish I knew. All kinds of rumors. Suppossedly Carlyle has given the green light for new aircraft.

Boeing and Airbus have been to Dulles to flog the 777F and A330F. We have also heard A300s for domestic feed. For who? I don't know. There are some GE MD11s on the market that the company is looking at.

We will see if the payfreeze gets lifted in September.....the new hires got promised that they would go to second year pay anyway...and the first new-hire class was in september.

Latest resources

Back