Gemini Chapter 11

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
dojetdriver said:
Wasn't Atlas's Ch.11 a few years back similar to GAC's situation?

Yes, it was very much the same, except it envolved Polar Air Cargo as well, and the Polar creditors were not all on board at the time of filing. That's one reason it took six months. Atlas/Polar were within hours of losing some -400's.

That's the primary reason they didn't mess with the Polar and Atlas contracts, they didn't have time to waste. Of course mangement uses it to show how nice they were, right.

It was explained to us that BK was a way for the creditors to get tax breaks to even out some the loses with the reduced leases.

Doesn't HIG now own Amerijet? Read they are probably going to acquire Gemini.

Carlyle is not in the business to lose money, that's why they sold it to Bayside. By filing for bk, they now have the ability to break the union contract and sell off the airline piece by piece; parts is worth more than the sum. Get out while you can, don't go down with the Titanic.

I heard that UPS is looking to buy 4 MD-11's that are currently operated by a single anonymous operator in financial trouble. Any idea who that could be?

Fogrunner, I do like it at gemini, I like the Airplane and the people that i fly with...Do I trust the managment? Do i trust the things that were said and promised in the past??? sorry to say but no. Do I think that the payfreeze that was supposed to last a short period of time to help out the company should still be in effect??? Do I think we as pilos should be giving the company weeks of vacation to make things work??? NO!
Everybody here bend over backwards to make ends meet....now it should be the time that we get some appriciation for the sacrifices that were made in the past. Thats all.

RJDC said:
I heard that UPS is looking to buy 4 MD-11's that are currently operated by a single anonymous operator in financial trouble. Any idea who that could be?

Source?

Ask any UPS pilot. Going around their pilot group big time. They are looking to buy any and all MD-11s they can get their hands on.

be objective

Ciao for now said:
Fogrunner, I do like it at gemini, I like the Airplane and the people that i fly with...Do I trust the managment? Do i trust the things that were said and promised in the past??? sorry to say but no. Do I think that the payfreeze that was supposed to last a short period of time to help out the company should still be in effect??? Do I think we as pilos should be giving the company weeks of vacation to make things work??? NO!
Everybody here bend over backwards to make ends meet....now it should be the time that we get some appriciation for the sacrifices that were made in the past. Thats all.

I really wish the best for all my ex G spot buddies, they are some of the best pilots I've worked with but I'm afraid the writing is on the wall. Pay freeze still in place, LWOP, surrendered vacation, loss of Q of L, and the company still ended up in BK. Bayside Capital will liquidate the company in a heartbeat if they think they can make a buck or an extra buck. I'm not saying this to wish ill will on the good folks at Gemini, I still have good friends there. Get out and save yourselves.

I hope that we take back our flying that you guys are doing. Hopefully this chapter 11 will be the tool we use to take back our flying.

it must be spring break at the tech school rhoid/ihaveapension/rjdc goes to. what are you studying this quarter, dental hygenics? still dreaming of an airline career i see. so sad, but completely entertaining.

Latest resources

Back