• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Gemini 411

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
What's it like doing the BRU to Lagos run? Do you like either of those cities? Is it an all night deal each way? How long are you gone from the States? Sounds interesting.

Bye Bye--General Lee

General Lee said:
What's it like doing the BRU to Lagos run? Do you like either of those cities? Is it an all night deal each way? How long are you gone from the States? Sounds interesting.

Bye Bye--General Lee

Hey General.

Brussels is great. Lagos is well a nightmare (read the state dept. warnings for Nigeria and you will know what I mean).

travel.state.gov/travel/cis_pa_tw/tw/tw_928.html.

The UK and US missions in Lagos were recently closed due to security concerns. We are not to leave the hotel in Lagos, because of the security situation. The hotel is surrounded by an 8ft wall with razor wire. Brussels is great. A lot to see and do.
The flying is not too bad. Leave Brussels early morning arrive Lagos 6hrs later. 24hrs off, then back to Brussels, with 24-48hrs off depending on the day.

Gone from the US for 2 and half weeks.

Last edited:
:cool: Hey Fogrunner, did you have your stuff in there forever or did you know someone? How is it if you were to commute? Does it take long to get based in LAX? What is the deal with the pay freeze? Do you still move with your yearly raises or are you stuck at your pay whenever the freeze went into effect? Thanks for any info!

Tomct said:
:cool: Hey Fogrunner, did you have your stuff in there forever or did you know someone? How is it if you were to commute? Does it take long to get based in LAX? What is the deal with the pay freeze? Do you still move with your yearly raises or are you stuck at your pay whenever the freeze went into effect? Thanks for any info!

I think at the moment recommendations are weighed very heavily. that is not to say that you should not send your stuff in. I knew no one here when I first applied.

You are home based. No commuting.

A lot of talk about the pay freeze going away.

You are frozen at the point when the freeze went into place. I believe that new hires go to year two.

Last edited:

Fogrunner-

RE: You are home based. No commuting.

We had a Gemini guy awhile ago ride our J/S at least twice.....said he was commuting home.

No biggie.......just wonderin'

320AV8R

The company buys you a ticket from/to work, but they have to respect the contract in doing so...some of our guys rather go home right after a trip and try to jumpseat earlier or later...We even have a "selftravel" program in where you can buy your own tickets to your own preference, and for example try to get all your airline miles on the same carrier ect. Lagos itself is horrible but the hotel is good for US standards and excellent for African of course. You are there overnighting with Virgin Atlantic, British Airways and KLM and Air France. All girls at the pool at the same time.. Did I mention that retirement age is 35 for stewardesses(haha...yes.. its still alled that way there) there??

:cool: Thanks Fogrunner, I will have to update my stuff. Any one place better to send it than the other? Thanks for your time!

Fly Safe!

You can expect your average SKJ to be around 18-19 days on and 11 to 12 off. All contract flying. Home based for now. they'll buy you a ticket to and from home to chase down your plane.

Latest resources

Back