• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Gear Pins

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Hey SOvery whats with the name calling, you cry like babies when we Mx folks call you bus drivers and other names. I believe we MX folks are still called Mechanics. Not grease monkeys!!! and as for the gear pin thing most airlines ive worked for removed when doing the release after over night maint except the Ole shuttle America folks they made the Pilots remove those greasy parts to get some kind of kick out of it, and believe me those slaabbbs were dirty to the point most FO"s used trash bags over their hands to take them out.

Whoa! Relax. I didn't realize "grease monkey" was considered a perjorative insult in the A&P world. I'll wipe it from the vocab.

As to removing the pin in question: the only guy I actually know who had this happen to him ALWAYS counted his gear pins and flags before EACH departure . . . policy at this place is that those are the ONLY pins to be used on the aircraft.

You can bet he was PLENTY surprised (not to mentioned pissed) when they reached for the gear handle and couldn't retract . . . a helpful mechanic had changed a tire and stuck his own personal NON-FLAGGED gear pin in the nose gear when they were on a 2 hour turn.

But hey, pilots aren't perfect either, I'd be the first to admit!

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back