• Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
EagleRJ said:
well, where's my fiery crash?

Pilots- 1
Live breaking news - 0
really, the least they could have done was grabbed some of those hispanic guys off the lawnmowers and set em fire or something.

According to CNN, "the pilot turned off his engines to avoid causing divots on the runway with the propelers...." Gotta love it!!! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!

Shut up!

Last edited:
Questions

For any King Air-100 pilots: What type of extension/retraction does the aircraft use (I'm guessing hydraulic), and what are the alternate extension procedures?

I'm not sure if this has been covered in another thread, but this incident brings up the question of whether it is better to land with one main up or to raise the two functioning gear and use the belly. Of course, the directional control issues are greater with only a nose and one main down, but the potential damage could be lessened if the aircraft can be kept on the prepared surface. Most of the aircraft I have flown that have addressed the issue recommend landing with the gear down, even if not all of them are down and locked.
What do you guys think?
-Stepclimb

Last edited:
The pilot will land according to what the emergency checklist says. If he chooses to land in a different configuration then he better have a dang good reason and he'll need to convience the FAA and the insurance company!!

Ralph
www.wxnotice.com

Oakum_Boy said:
Did anyone see the video of this guy bouncing down the rwy trying to get the other main down? Scary stuff, considering the fact he could have "unintentionally" struck the right prop. The last bounce was near the end and within 5 feet of the rwy edge. Not a clever idea, and certainly one the FAA or employer might be interested in.

Is that what he was doing? That little procedure could have gone very bad. Why take that chance, since a gear up landing may hurt the airplane, but is fairly low risk for the PAX and crew. There are 3 gear up landings a week, and everyone walks away. About half of those are not even planned like this one. The pilot just lands, and wonder why it's taking full power to taxi to the ramp.

Latest resources

Back