Gatlinburg TN operators

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

ukaviator

Anyone know of any cargo or charter operators that are based out of Gatlinburg TN?

Gatlinburg TN?! I'm in Asheville and we don't even have any cargo or charter ops here. Gatlinburg doesn't even really have an airport! It's Sevierville. I know they do a lot of aerial scenic tours around the smokies out of there but I think it's mostly helicopters.

mcjohn said:
Gatlinburg TN?! I'm in Asheville and we don't even have any cargo or charter ops here. Gatlinburg doesn't even really have an airport! It's Sevierville. I know they do a lot of aerial scenic tours around the smokies out of there but I think it's mostly helicopters.

Oh man! You know of any surrounding airports close to Gatlinburg with any operators? I always liked the idea of living there -- kinda blows that one out the water if there are no jobs to be had ;)

Gatlinburg is a very small strictly tourist town. Beautiful area but the town is a little tacky and over run with tourists year round. Dolly Parton has a theme park there. It's the Myrtle Beach of the mountains! Ripley Believe it or Not museum and tacky shop after tacky shop and go cart tracks everywhere. You have seen all that right?
Aaaanyway, that area is totally beatiful though. I have kayaked the white water creeks coming down the smokies in their aqua blue waters and thought I had died and gone to heaven.
Knoxville in your town man. You'd only be an hour away and they have plenty of opportunity. DKX and TYS are close. Start looking at them.

mcjohn said:
Gatlinburg is a very small strictly tourist town. Beautiful area but the town is a little tacky and over run with tourists year round. Dolly Parton has a theme park there. It's the Myrtle Beach of the mountains! Ripley Believe it or Not museum and tacky shop after tacky shop and go cart tracks everywhere. You have seen all that right?
Aaaanyway, that area is totally beatiful though. I have kayaked the white water creeks coming down the smokies in their aqua blue waters and thought I had died and gone to heaven.
Knoxville in your town man. You'd only be an hour away and they have plenty of opportunity. DKX and TYS are close. Start looking at them.

Hey McJohn, thanks for the info. Those 'aqua blue waters' sound soooo good!
Knoxville huh, OK I will look into that.
This may be an obvious question, but is there a website/directory I can go to which would list cargo/charter etc ops by location?
Something where I could just click on a state, and up everybody would come?
Thanks

The only Freight Ops out of TYS are the ones everyone already talks about.
Flight Express, Ram Air Freight, Mountain Air Cargo, etc....

There is 1 Charter Operator that I know of on the field at TYS and it is a King Air 350... As far as I know it is mainly Coporate with some 135 Ops on the side to offset the cost.

I think there are a couple of Charter Ops in Morristown (MOR), one that comes to mind that used to be there was Kalitta's Lear's and Beech 18s.

TedCFII said:
The only Freight Ops out of TYS are the ones everyone already talks about.
Flight Express, Ram Air Freight, Mountain Air Cargo, etc....

There is 1 Charter Operator that I know of on the field at TYS and it is a King Air 350... As far as I know it is mainly Coporate with some 135 Ops on the side to offset the cost.

I think there are a couple of Charter Ops in Morristown (MOR), one that comes to mind that used to be there was Kalitta's Lear's and Beech 18s.

Im interested to hear more about Kalitta. Ive ran a search in google, came up with 2 sites, both in MI!
Anyone have anymore info on them? Current or ex-employees?

I don't know much more than what I already posted. If I'm not mistaken I think they used to have a small FBO on the field there as well. I know a couple of guys who used to fly the Lears and Beech 18's for Kalitta out of MOR, but that was back in the early to mid 90s..... Back then there were several other Charter/Freight Ops out of TYS who have since sold out or been closed down for more than one reason.

Sorry I don't have any more info..

The whole TYS area is based on the "Good Ole Boy" network. Of which at one point I was "in". But since leaving and going to the Regionals, Commuters or whatever your allowed to call it these days I have been out of the loop.

:)

TedCFII said:
I don't know much more than what I already posted. If I'm not mistaken I think they used to have a small FBO on the field there as well. I know a couple of guys who used to fly the Lears and Beech 18's for Kalitta out of MOR, but that was back in the early to mid 90s..... Back then there were several other Charter/Freight Ops out of TYS who have since sold out or been closed down for more than one reason.

Sorry I don't have any more info..

The whole TYS area is based on the "Good Ole Boy" network. Of which at one point I was "in". But since leaving and going to the Regionals, Commuters or whatever your allowed to call it these days I have been out of the loop.

:)

Well damn it TedCFII thats not good news at all!!
Is there anyone on here that can teach me the 'funny handshake' so I can become one of the 'Good ole boys' ;)

Latest resources

Back