• NC Software is having a Black Friday Sale Event thru December 4th on Logbook Pro, APDL - Airline Pilot Logbook, Cirrus Elite Binders, and more. Use coupon code BF2020 at checkout to redeem 15% off your purchase. Click here to shop now.
  • NC Software is proud to announce the release of APDL - Airline Pilot Logbook version 10.0. Click here to view APDL on the Apple App store and install now.

Gateways at Flexjet and CitationShares

SpacemanSpiff

Total Time
10K +
I am just beginning to learn about the different fractional companies. How do gateways work at Flexjet and CitationShares? Do you have any choice about which gateway you work from? For example, if I wanted MCO or FLL as a gateway, would I have a problem getting assigned there? Thanks for your help!

fokkerman

Total Time
I think the way it works is, if you live near a gateway city then you can fly out of that city. I know that citation shares requires you to be within 90min of a gateway. The gateway city is just the airport that you are going to flyout of on an airline to get to your airplane. The company EJA, Flex Jet, Citation Shares.....ect all
have gateway cities that their pilots fly out of to get to work. The aircraft aren't typically based at these gateway cities. I hop i answered your question.