Gas Price Survey

Resume Writer

Total Time
16 yrs
Hi Everyone,

I need the help of everyone on the board. I am currently conducting a survey about the price of gas and the effect on the job search. Even if you are not currently conducting a job search, I would like to know, if you were, would the price of gas effect your decision.

Please take a moment to fill out this short survey. I will be using the information gathered in a press release, which will hopefully gain press attention, and perhaps the attention of people in Washington.

Here is the link to the survey:

http://www.surveymonkey.com/s.asp?http://www.surveymonkey.com/s.asp?u=814661305451u=814661305451

All of your information will be completely anonymous.

Resume Writer

Total Time
16 yrs
Thank you everyone so far for completing the survey. I need a substantial amount of people to complete the survey so that my numbers can represent an accurate cross-section of the population. I have separated the recipients into different categories, as I suspect the pilot population may not be as affected as the general public, since the commute may only be a few times a week, or to another state, which may/may not effect your utilization of gas.

Thanks again!

Kathy

wrxpilot

The proud, the few
Total Time
-
I don't understand this question too well Kathy. I've never really driven around to various places and barged in wondering if people had jobs. I'll usually research it first, give them a call, send in a resume, etc. By the time I see them I'm doing an interview. Would gas prices affect me driving to interviews? Well...

My car gets around 30 mpg. Gas where I live costs about $2.75/gal. To travel one mile costs $0.09. I'd sure have to be poor to not drive to job interviews. Besides, that is so defeatist. "Gas is too expensive for me, therefore I will not bother looking for a job". Well damn, keep doing that and it wil be REALLY expensive to you.

Flechas

Total Time
$$$$$$
I think the question is more about the commuting if you get the job, not driving to the interview.

If job A is better than job B, but job A is a longer commute, would gas price be a factor in your decision?

Resume Writer

Total Time
16 yrs
Flechas said:
I think the question is more about the commuting if you get the job, not driving to the interview.

If job A is better than job B, but job A is a longer commute, would gas price be a factor in your decision?
Exactly, Flechas! Thanks for clarifying it for me! :D

Kathy

MDAutry

Total Time
I like taking surveys as long as they are short. Good Survey...