Forums Chief Pilot
Staff member
Type aircraft owned
Carbon Cub FX-3
Base airport
KFCI
Ratings
COMM, IFR, MEL, SEL
Well, 9.21 didn't last long (a day?), just like last time around with 9.10/11/12/14/whatever that series was. Brave ones be advised 9.22 is ready for you! All others, give it two weeks and see what happens.

I wasn't very brave, and waited until yesterday to install 9.22. But now, just like the last time I installed a new version of G3X software, all of my aural annunciations have stopped. The autopilot disconnect, terrain, airspeed -- everything -- is completely silent. When this happened before, it was CubCrafters that upgraded the software and then they went back to change the configuration to correct it. I spent a couple of hours today going through the menus, but I can't figure out how to fix it.

Anyone know how to fix this?

There was a bug about 1-2 years ago that had this happen but hasn't happen since that I've heard of. Are you using Windows or Mac to download and create the installation card? I use Windows. You could try formatting a 8 GB SD card as I don't use the SD card that remains in the G3X, download and prepare the update again, and retry the update but maybe reach out to Garmin.

Turns out, those aural inputs come in on Aux 1 and it had been disabled in the software update. Now it's working again.

Thanks,
Scott

Latest resources

Back