Forums Chief Pilot
Staff member
Type aircraft owned
Carbon Cub FX-3
Base airport
KFCI
Ratings
COMM, IFR, MEL, SEL
Last night went for a flight which was the first after upgrading my Garmin G3X Touch from 9.14 to 9.22. The update appeared normal and for the first time as noted in a recent post I made I watched the audio panel controls show updating. I have the GMA 245R in my CubCrafters FX-3 with IFR panel. I typically get an audible from ForeFlight approaching the runway and I heard nothing. I figured maybe something was set incorrectly as the phone audio depends on the intercom option for music vs. bluetooth input. Later in the flight I started checking into this and sure enough SiriusXM wasn't playing either. My volume levels were reset which I noticed on the ground. I had to turn on the "music" option, and fiddle with various settings to get everything back the way I like it.

So FYI...after the update if you see that your intercom was updated do some ground checks as desired to ensure the intercom panel and tabs are all configured as desired.

I had a similar issue during my flight this afternoon. Same solution. in addition I had to turn on the phone option to listen to the ASOS at my field for current wind information. (the wind info on ATIS isn't super current when the wind is shifting around which it usually does at KMIC)

I'm still trying to figure out the phone thing, bluetooth calls through the G3X or direct to the headset (Bose A20 for me). I'm not sure why I am even bluetoothed to the Bose A20, it may be redundant now that I learned the proper switches needed to get bluetooth audio from the G3X. I wish though we didn't need to switch between music and bluetooth but in thinking I believe that's really an "internal vs. external" source button as music means SiriusXM sourced audio. I still can't seem to listen to SiriusXM even though I'm subscribed, just can't let go of that focus on the sounds of flying I like to stay in tune with :)

I think we have similar panels in our FX-3s, and from the start I couldn't get XM audio. It would show the channels and what was currently playing, but no sound. I took it back to Cub Crafters last month and Scott traced the problem to a bad connector. I'm typically happy to just listen to airplane noises, but it bugged me that it didn't work and now it finally does.

Glad to hear Scott got you fixed up. Definitely want to get it the way it's supposed to be.

Latest resources

Back