• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

SOFHercDude

Not stop loss again !!
Just an observation from the above :

1. work too hard - lots of legs, small rwys, no wx a/p, etc.
2. you get capt pay within a month or two as f/o anyways.
3. it's a lot to learn. not just the plane but the nejets way. You can't learn it all in a few weeks of school/sim/ioe. unless you've been doing this same type of flying, you really need at least one of each season in the right seat.
4. you won't get the 7/7, or at least the 7/7 line you want for quite some time. as a senior f/o you'll get it and keep it longer.
5. same for vacation.
6. f/o's sit bullpen quite a bit. if you live within 100 miles of your gateway, it's a good deal.
7. you want to be a captain AND on probation?

Remember when :

1. If you had to "work too hard" it was a great thing cuz that meant you were flying alot !
2. Only captains got captains pay and FO's actually WANTED to upgrade ASAP
3. You weren't afraid to learn new things
4. A 17 day flying schedule would be like winning the lottery !
5. Every day was a vacation cuz you love what your're doing
6. You got antsy after sitting around at home after a couple days
7. The only probation you worried about was because of that one spring break in Daytona a few years back !!

Man o man -- I thought I was in the "Majors" message board there for a minute with all this scamming going on about how NOT to fly ! Get outa the bullpen and step up to the plate fellas, you're in the ball game now !!

It's true that aspiring pilots will do everything they can to get their dream job as a professional pilot.

Once they get there, they'll do everything they can to do as little work as possible.

You know what they call these boards some times: the bitch boards.

So, there are lot more whiners on these boards than what you may have on the actual line. Its a proven fact, though, that pilots whine. If its not the money, its the schedule; if its not flying too much, its flying too little....you get the gist.

I think frac pilots have generally higher job satisfaction than the majors (without the sailboat and second home, of course). Most guys I fly with really enjoy this type of flying and usually say so. But its not interesting complimenting all the time, its a lot more fun and interesting complaining and whining ;)

Pilots whine? Ever fly with a navigator, or how about enlisted crew members?

I'd say American's whine. Ever listen to fat ladies in a supermarket, or watch TV? We're all too spoiled. We should be glad we're not looking for work in....Russia.

I'm sick of my wife's whining.

Wha

Last edited:
I once had a Chief Flight Instrutor, who was a former airline pilot tell me:

"Pilots work their a$$ off to get their dream job. After they get their dream job they work there a$$ off to get days off"

Funny how that works!!

LR45JI too bad all you do is sit around the bullpen and complain how you don't work. But when you do work you don't really work do you?

Make sure you pick up the kid at daycare.

Diesel,

That's just wrong!! Wrong....wrong......wrong.... :)

Can you believe that psycho called at 2:46 this morning!!!

Just remember......I'm WAITING!!!

Latest resources

Back