Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

jagmagic

Hey guys,

just got the word from the boss that i am going to G5 school. I will be going march 1st at FSI in ILM. I will be going to G5 school but will be flying the G450. Will i be behinded the ball not going to G450 school, the reason why we are doing it like this, is becuase it is alot cheaper to go to G5 school vs G450 school. Also does anyone have any good study material for the G5 that could be sent to me.

thanks

Hey guys,

just got the word from the boss that i am going to G5 school. I will be going march 1st at FSI in ILM. I will be going to G5 school but will be flying the G450. Will i be behinded the ball not going to G450 school, the reason why we are doing it like this, is becuase it is alot cheaper to go to G5 school vs G450 school. Also does anyone have any good study material for the G5 that could be sent to me.

thanks

A little confused about your post but it sounds like your going to the basic GV school and then doing differences on the G450? The G450/550 differences is about week long after you have rated on the GV. If it were me, I would do the G450 school from scratch, especially if that's what your going to fly and then if you need some GV training, you can do the four hour differences class in one day. What is the motive behind training on the GV, if your going to to fly the 450?? The Plane View avionics package in the 450/550 is a pretty big bite depending on what you have been flying before, so FSI takes a significantly greater amount of time for this learning process.

Last edited:
So the boss can afford a 30-40 million dollar a/c yet wants to save a few thousand on training costs?

:confused:

You would be better served to go to G450 or G550 initial.

The differences between the GV and the G350/G450/G500/G550 are significant enough that Gulfstream was uncertain until the last minute if the FAA would require a new type rating for them.

GV

Hey guys,

thanks
I did GV school and then differences for the 550/450. (and fly all three) If I had not come from the GIV, I'd have felt a bit behind - since the 450 is a GIV airframe (GIV numbers and performance) with the Planeview cockpit and basically the GV electrical system. PM me and I may have some study materials.

Another choice is CAE SimuFlite has a new G450 and G550 sim opening up in their Morristown center in January. Since it's brand new pricing will be good.

You do understand that if you go to GV training you have to attend a differences course also (part 91 as well as part 135). As said above price will be way more than just a G450 course I suspect.

Last edited:
This will play a prominent role in the accident report. TC

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back