• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

G4 crash at BED

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Departed runway 11. Wreckage located approximately 2000 feet beyond the departure end in a gully. Eyewitness stated the airplane was never airborne.

Be safe out there people.

Just wondering, the NTSB said they removed the FDR and CVR.. I was not aware that a GIV had those installed.. very curious accident, esp with a very experienced crew that has been together for 10 years.. RIP

I believe most jets with x passengers or more they are required.

The whole thing doesn't make sense to me. If there were any issues prior to v1, an abort should have been initiated. They had plenty of runway and never stopped. Aside from spoilers or TR's deploying during the roll near v1, I can't think of much that would have prevented rotation. It was to be the third flight of the day and they were going from BED to ACY so they were light. Long runway and they still ended up 2000' beyond the end. The only plausible thing I can think of is birds in the engines at or near v1. No engines means no TRs, no spoilers, no normal brakes. Ebrakes will only give a couple of applications. Why or how else could they have gone so far?

SG

I thought of flaps too, but they had 3k more runway than needed for a normal takeoff. I imagine they would have gotten off the ground, even if only briefly. It sounds like they didn't even rotate. Flaps? Possible I suppose. Sillier things have happened.

Latest resources

Back