• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

G200 weights

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Well, new sales are not an issue since the airframe is going out of production. So it may not make sense to go through the cost of developing an ASC for the existing GALX/G200 airframes that are out there. Just a thought.

Under any other circumstance I would agree with that...but it would certainly appear that such an ASC already exists in some way/shape/form.

Perhaps NJA bought & paid for it and that makes it proprietary, I dunno...but I still believe most G200 operators would be interested in buying another 200lb of payload/range flexibility.

ultrarunner said:
And that's not a plane you launching across the pond. so for most ops, it's a good transcon/Hawaii bird with most of the seats filled.

:confused:

Fly the plane to Hawaii but not across the NAT?

Ultra, I'm not sure what you need the weights for but NJA G200's are set up completely different than any other 200's on the market. The max ramp and max takeoff weights are 200 pounds heavier than any other 200 out there.

All G-200's have the weight increase available. Gulfstream used to charge a lot for it, but now it is a little paperwork and an FMS update. Total cost is about $1500.

The benefit of a NetJets G-200 is that they cut down weight by decreasing the insulation, removing the jumpseat etc.

Farmer, can I ask where you got that number from? $1500 isn't what I was just told in SAV. Prices may vary of course depending on the deal you make but I have reason to believe that it's more than just a mere $1500.

The G200 goes to Europe all the time. In the past, it went just as much as our Falcons did. They say it will do 3800nm but it's really more like 3400. Still not bad though.

Ultrarunner, I was just asking because I know a guy who just bought one of our 200's that's based out of there. Wasn't sure if I was talking to someone I knew.;)

Farmer, can I ask where you got that number from? $1500 isn't what I was just told in SAV. Prices may vary of course depending on the deal you make but I have reason to believe that it's more than just a mere $1500.

A instructor at Flight Safety told us that Gulfstream was charging a lot for the increase, but nobody was doing it. It doesn't cost Gulfsteam anything, so they figured that it was better to let owners get it for next to nothing. We told this to our mechanics. They did all the work in-house and told me that it cost around $1500. I think the cost was for the FMS performance update. The mechanics info could be wrong, or he could have been full of it, but I know the reason that they decided to do it was because it was cheap.

How much is SAV wanting for it?

Like you said, who knows what it REALLY costs, but we were told that the main cost comes from the fact that Gulfstream holds the rights to the new performance numbers. When they decided to up the weights, they had to go back and prove to the FAA that the airplane could perform. They had to come up with a whole new set of numbers. That testing obviously took a lot of time and money so now, whoever wants the mod, gets to pay for it.

In the end, we were told somewhere around $10K per airplane. In the long-run, the mod would pay for itself but the question has always been "Why not just make the new numbers the REAL numbers?" It would only make sense that Gulfstream would want to show potential buyers the larger numbers.

Who knows. It's a goofy airplane with goofy people selling them.

Latest resources

Back