G200 Performance

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

heywatchthis

Hey new to the G200 and wanted to know about altitude versus weight. Max ceiling is 450 but what chart shows whether you can make it or not.

I was at 26k lbs, ISA -9 and smooth and was asked to go from 43,000 to 45,000. I climbed it slow and everything went well, but now I am hearing it wasn't a good idea to do that. Anybody got any more facts besides "because you shouldn't"?

At FL450 my airspeed was 10kts from overspeed and 30kts from the amber caution cirlce.

Whats the skinny on can you go higher if you have too?

Thanks

I have a bit over 2000 hours in the G200 and have never had it above 430 or to 450. I know the book states that it can be done, and as you have seen it can. However having said that I did feel the buffet at 430 once and we were probably 30kts above the yellow of the AOA tape. I will have to check today but I think (and feel free to correct me) but the AOA tape is calibrated with flaps 20 and 40 degrees? Thus not giving accurate info when clean wing at alt.The G200 is an underwinged under ruddered aircraft that requires a litle more babysitting than other aircraft.

There's a great rule of thumb if you're close to/ or below ISA.

Take your current weight of the airplane and subtract that number from 70,000. That will give you a very close number to your max altitude.

Example:

PLane weighs 30,000 pounds.

70,000 - 30,000= 40,000 feet.

Works really good!

Consult the cruise charts in OPM (Operational Planning Manual). I have had it up above FL430 a few times towards the end of a long haul, just ensure the half bank mode is on if being vectored at those altitudes. Ask me how I know? LOL

Latest resources

Back